Is this really happening?! - UPDATE

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
On Friday I finished my ucas application and sent it off.

Today I got invited for an interview in a couple of weeks.

I'm absolutely ecstatic, still might not get a place of course but I'm feeling slightly more optimistic, at least I know they still have spaces!

I've got an ongoing voluntary placement lined up at a local zoo if I do get a place so really pleased about that.

Just thought I would update you all. And also need to tell someone but keeping quiet in real life currently :D:D:D

Thank-you everyone, so excited! I've got to ring student finance tomorrow to discuss a few things, even boring things like this make me grin like mad. And then feel a little sick with worry.

The only thing I'm slightly apprehensive about it getting back behind the wheel again if I do get a place, but I'll get a place sorted first and then worry about that. I can get the train and bus if need be so there isn't any massive pressure. Just the next thing to check off the list. I'll still be cycling everywhere else though, well that's the plan :p

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Thank-you everyone, let's hope the interview goes well and I get a place :)

Thankyou just so can't believe there's a chance of this happening!!

I've been offered a place. So providing student finance all comes through okay then I will likely be taking it.

I've gone through the excited stage and now I'm panicking about everything. It's alot of debt to be in if it doesn't lead to a job or anything. And also I'm worried about coping with the workload and working 3 days a week and if that will be enough money to get by.

I'm sure I'll make it work but it's all scary all of a sudden. I got the train and bus there today and it was a 2 hour trip there and a 3.45 hour trip home due to line issues so I really do think I'll need to drive there (30 mins no traffic) so another thing to worry about is affording a car.

But the college and campus are brilliant, animals all seem very well cared for and the course does sound wonderful. Sounds like it could lead to some fabulous opportunities!

Congratulation :D fantastic news Ale, well done.
Don't worry about the debt, I believe that you don't have to start paying it back until you're earning a certain amount anyway and even then it's not much that gets taken from your salary, might be wrong though.
It's a great opportunity for you and as it's something you are so passionate about you'll find away to make it work.

Reactions: MrA
newrider.com