Is Everyone Else Finding it Damn HARD......

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
I know poor Dark Storm is and can relate to that, but this Year I just seem
to have run out of Enthusiasm...........My 'GET UP AND GO' bloomin' well
'GOT UP AND WENT':bounce:

It just seems an endless amount of things to get done and not enough
hours in the day or DAYS IN THE WEEK:smile:

If I am not working I am sorting the House, Horses etc., haven't even
STARTED Christmas Shopping.

Fed up with having to go and grab a few bales of Hay at a time, but determined not to have somebody helping themselves to my Hay this year,
but its such a PAIN......The Farm isn't a million miles away from my Yard but
I go grab two bales and then the Farmer comes out, sometimes his Sons,
then the Wife, lol, who in all honesty I have become really friendly with, but
we stand and have a little chat and its yet another HOUR or LONGER gone
before I manage to leave there. Seems no matter how much I say 'I am in a rush today' I still end up there chatting:smile: Don't get me wrong they
have been fabulous and he often gives me a few bales because I have helped
out in some way, but I am up there every two days or third day at the most
and the time mounts UP:wink:

I am just finding it all rather hard at the moment with the worst of the Winter
still to come, thats my worry, last year getting to the Farm for Hay was an
absolute NIGHTMARE, got stuck in the Lane and Simon, the Farmer had to
come WINCH ME OUT..........he says 'Don't worry, I've got a LONGER winch
for this year' but it does worry me. Do I think 'sod it' and risk losing the
Hay or carry on the way I am now. Part of me thinks 'well it may not
get nicked this year' and the other part of me knows how :stomp: I will be
if it does do a disappearing Act.........

Somebody remind me WHY we do this ??:wink:

My get up & go got up and left the building a good couple of months back (try saying that after a couple of pints!)

But my plan, as each year, is to try and settled into a different routine in the New Year. I'm going to call my RI soon, who I haven't seen for a while, and say I want to get back into the swing of things come January kind of time, bring Roxy (and myself!) back into work and get motivated; have a plan for the rest of winter, then spring, then summer and the rest of the year and set goals to aim for.

Since we've moved house and we've had so much to do (and still do) I have lost all enthusiasm for my horsey time. I still love seeing her but I have no drive to spend time in the dark & cold, exercising my horse. Consequently she's had a good couple of months off doing nothing but I'd like to change that, and my mindset, in the New Year.

Plus when it's New Year it does feel like spring is not all that far away. It's only the start of winter now but I'm looking straight through it and out the other side already (even though I actually love winter! :giggle: :redcarded:)

I am feeling the same. No enthusiasm. I get up in the dark, go to work in the dark, leave work in the dark and get to the horses in the dark. Mucking out at night is depressing, and after that I just want to get home to bed. Thank god for slow cookers other wise I wouldn't eat till gone 9!!

Bring on spring!

I have loads of get up and go, but it just seems to run out on a daily basis! Each day I start with good intentions but the blasted phone starts ringing (mobile of course) from the moment we get up and OH doesn't ignore it (told him he should!!!) consequently, he can't concentrate on riding and he feels pushed for time doing his horsey jobs (which when he is well, he loves doing). We are both running around like the proverbial blue arsed flies atm, but not getting anywhere. I didn't even lunge this morning, which is ridiculous cos I started the whole horse-process at silly o'clock and it will be ridiculousl and late by the time I get finished tonight. And to top it off, I can't seem to find the time to cook or make packed lunches so we are eating rubbish again....not good. All you organised folk, I salute you!

yup
we are about to be moving house too, get the keys 1st week December hopefully, but that needs work too, I dont even know which house we will be in for Christmas and everything is in boxes, no oven here either.
I always struggle to get into the routine of it when winter 1st comes, but then miss it once its gone :smile:
doesnt help that OH only works 3 days a week? it has completely thrown me I cant cope with a 4 day weekend :( so seem to get even less done

Ditto here! just feels like a never ending story of getting up, sorting the kids out for school,mucking out before i go to work, getting things ready for the evening.
coming home from work,tea, ponies and bed ...No time for riding :( No enthusiasm to even try, Doesn't help that i've had the only rideable route out of my field blocked by grazing sheep until spring...:banghead:

I love it I love it. Not a lot changes for me over the winter, yeap up earlier and have to muck out but i dont let the weather get me down.

The boy came in 2 nights ago, I get up an hour earlier than normal as I have to put 2 out but I only much out mine. Every evening I poo pick in the dark with my head touch, bring him in ride and out his bed back help my mate with her horses bed and off home for dinner at around 8ish.

I work in a windowless buidling so I quite literally do not see daylight until the weekend.

Im glad to see its not just me. I have been feeling really run down since the clocks changed. I seem like i am always toing and frowing in the car.
At the moment i actually fall asleep dreaming of relaxing and haveing a nice massage :giggle:

And on top it off the last couple of times i have tried bringing mt horse in on my own she has dragged me up the track spinning n being very head strong. so much to the point where i am actually dreading getting her in on my own. :unsure:
Rather awkward wen we are now on half day turnouts!!
i actually wonder y i have them tbh, i dnt ride or nothing as i dnt have the time or energy since haveing my daughter, im always rushing around and it really is starting to get to me. But i keep reminding myself i could never part with her as much as she plays me up i love her to bits.
On the plus side though i have finished my xmas shopping and wrapped them all up tonight :bounce:

Ladylux If if makes you feel better I have had to have someone with me all week to bring my boy in as he is out on his own (field mate on box rest). He scared he cr^p out of me on Tuesday night

Ladylux If if makes you feel better I have had to have someone with me all week to bring my boy in as he is out on his own (field mate on box rest). He scared he cr^p out of me on Tuesday night

Really that does make me feel abit beter. its so frustrating though i think. i mean how hard shuld it be to bring your horse in to the stable at night. lol

the thing is though when i put herout in the morning she is fine, it is just the bringing in. :timebomb:

I think im going to have to see if i can arrange for someone else to be there with me. what does yours do can i ask?

TBH I was struggling with finding the time even before winter,so yes I am now finding it difficult to say the least.

I chose to work nights so I would in theory have more time during the day,but somehow something else often comes up and I find I don't get nearly the amount of time I need.

What with kids,home,work and now christmas looming can't seem to get anything done horse wise.

I did do really well couple of weeks ago,got him out and about loads,but had to be really motivated and ruthless with myself to get it done.Then he hurt his leg so that put paid to that for a week or two,and pretty soon I will have so much else on that won't have the time to do anything with him again anyway.Then there will be the snow and ice no doubt that will mean we are confined to barracks anyway as won't be able to get out of the field even.

I find motivation a difficult thing to muster as well.Think it's because I am often so tired and also on my own (rent grazing),I plan things but then end up talking myself out of it:redface: Especially now when it's cold outside and so lovely and toasty warm indoors,I do detest the cold!!:cold:

I am determined though to try and do some stuff with him over winter,it might just have to wait until after new year,and be weather permitting.I am trying not to beat myself up over it all though,I spend half my life feeling guilty for not doing enough with him,and quite honestly it just makes it stressful and takes the fun out of it,so am going to *try* and not worry about it so much,am sure Marb doesn't mind the time off lol

Have seen him a lot this week although not to do anything with,moved him into his winter field and have spent day's sorting fencing and cutting hedges etc,think I need to join him in having some time off now,am aching in muscles I didn't even know I had lol

Gosh what a moan that was,apologies for whinging,am turning into a grumpy old woman:wink:

I just need about 10 days in the week at the moment and then things might get done! I've not got too much issue with motivation, just with time to fit it all in. Though I do confess that every time I've got home from work for about the last 3 weeks I've thought how desperately I need to do some housework, but still haven't done any. That I am really struggling for motivation with!

It can be so easy to lose motivation at this time of year - I wasn't able to ride much over the summer so promised myself that I wouldn't let the cold put me off riding so much as last year. It was so ridiculously cold last year that I just couldn't bear to ride on some days...and I'm not one that the cold really bothers...but it was super cold.

One thing that people may find helpful (I know I have) is wearing ski-trousers around the yard, you can pick them up really cheap in places like Decathlon - sadly, I still fit in to the pair of salopettes that I got when I was 14 and they are AMAZING in the winter!

I am not a winter person and my get up and go is worn thin already and we are only at the beginning - getting older and feeling the cold more and more,
only just warm this morning with thermals, 2 fleeces and jacket, 2 pairs of gloves and wolly hat, 3 pairs of socks, it going to get worse and I will be like michillen man before long - didn't help having to spend 5 hours in the snow fall yesterday re doing the electric fencing round 2 1/2 acres after the field sharer who thinks electric fencing is a few flimsy posts, loose cable and an energiser which wouldn't zap a fly is going to keep 2 biggies and a foal in , they have for the 4th time escaped (litterally brought all their fencing down) panicked gone into ours , one must have been stuck in it as litterally pulled up every fence post , dragged rope and tape all over the field and naturally ours had got out, got up there in semi dark to find his 3 had been taken in and my little man stood at gate waiting for his breakfast other two at various points in field, after initial panic and close to tears managed to get them into an area I could fence round and feed them, managed to pull one end of some rope and up popped posts and the tangled mess started to reveal itself, luckily ours respect it so once I had managed to make it visable round the area to refence they didn't offer to come over it, trugging up and down the hilly area, snowing, wet through, trying to stick fence posts into frozen ground, started at 7.00 and finished at 12 , wet, cold and fed up and must admit the thought of how easy it would be without them passed through my mind - would never get rid of them but can understand why others think we are mad at times. luckily none of ours have any cuts - not sure on his but hes kept out of my way - think I would have bloody killed him yesterday if he got in range.

Remind you why we do it - struggling on that one - if you get the answer before me or next spring let me know.......... Cos I have to is how I am going to get through winter I think...........

Well, for me its my first winter 'in the middle of nowhere'! Whilst I love it, im struggleing to find the time and energy to get everything done. Poor Sonny thinks he has been retired, as he hasn't been ridden for weeks! Sometimes i dont get to feed him in the evening until 9pm, poor lad thinks he has been abandoned im sure. Its been snowing here for 2 days now, and his stable isn't finished. I feel like a bad horse mum, but deep down I know that he is fine, HW rug & plenty of feed, hay & haylage.

Bring on the spring!!!!:dance:

Bring on Spring............EXACTLY:bounce:

I know everybody was forcasting a COLD/SNOWY Winter, but I think
we all just buried our Heads hoping they would be WRONG:biggrin:

I cannot honestly remember when we had Snow, and as much, quite
this early (NOT that we have any in Bristol, YET):wink:

I am DREADING the Snow arriving, its all very 'pretty' looking out of the
Window with a HUGE LOG FIRE burning, but not so much fun out and
about in it:cold::cold:

Whats any betting it will arrive here Sunday Night when I have to get up
at 4.45 on Monday Morning to drive to work.............

BAH HUMBUG I HATE WINTER :bounce:

newrider.com