International horse transporters?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Anyone know of any good horse transport companies that travel internationally?

I've looked at LOC but looking at others as well.

I have tried a good few of them. Sometimes those that look rather better, with very flashy lorries etc. have been a feffing nightmare, horses dragged all round the UK for hours if not days before arriving, so the last three times I have used these:

http://www.luskhorsesireland.com/transport.html

I have seen a couple of not very good reviews about them over the years, but I cant fault them for every time I have used them. Horses have arrived calm and not a drop of sweat on them....and when they said they would arrive too. I think the condition of the horses said more to me than the reviews could ever do!:wink:

Dare I ask what bit of this part of the world you are heading for?:smile:

I have used a number of different ones, and have sent you a pm.

It can depend where they are going to/from as to who is best placed, as Gillies are best for coming north, and they work with Parkers for other routes.

John Parker International

I wouldnt use anyone else

This, with big shiny flashing knobs on! :)

I really rate Parkers, they were fantastic with all our 'to-ing and fro-ing' (and their drivers who over-nighted with us were an absolute riot and ate more toast at 2am than I thought was humanly possible!!) :D

(Actually I also used LOC once, and they were superb too!)

There is one to avoid, who I am not sure if they are still trading... If you mention them, I will shout! ;)

Thanks all will have a look at those companies :happy:

Cortrasna, nothing confirmed yet, over next weekend to view one that looks promising

Most people I know in Scotland use Eric Gillie. I've never heard a bad word about him but it does depend where you are leaving from and going to?

Can't say that surprises me too much. I only used them once and paid them for my American horse to be brought the last leg of his journey from the airport in Amsterdam to me in Cavan Ireland. It took them five days and they didnt even bring him to me in Cavan, he was left at another livery yard address nearly 150 miles away further south.:stomp:

I had to arrange another transporter and another E125 to bring him up to me. I had already paid in full for the journey from Tennessee to me in Cavan and had it in writing from each transporter at each stage of the journey. To say I was furious would be an understatement, I would never use them or recommend them to anyone.:devil:

I don't even know when or if it's happening at the moment, I just wanted an idea of price. They didn't even give me a reason or an idea of price, just gave me the name and number of an Irish transporter, but google says his website will harm my computer :unsure:

I can't decide whether it would be better to go with an English or an Irish transporter? :unsure:

Maybe Parkers are so busy they are booked up! Cortrasna is the first ever 'bad' thing I've heard about them. There was another transporter, however, who f***** up SO badly that Parkers had to go rescue our horse!!

You are right KV - I have never heard that anyone has had a problem with them either - apart from me!:redcarded: But we all go by our own experiences and they let me (or more correctly the poor horse) down big time, so I cant recommend based on my experience.

Its like any service really, what is perfect for one customer, they could screw up big time with another.:unsure:

newrider.com