I'm climbing some mountains soon.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I hope no one minds me doing a thread about this and popping a fundraising link on, just in case anyone wanted to donate a small amount or offer some words of support as they are greatly appreciated!

I'm incredibly excited now, in a little over 2 weeks I'm taking part in the Welsh 3 peaks challenge with my uncle and my cousin.

For the challenge we have a target time of 18 hours to climb Snowdon, Cadair Idris and Pen Y Fan and we will be starting at the bottom of Snowdon at 4am on the 23rd June.

I'm raising money for a small animal charity called ARC, who I've been volunteering with on and off since I was 13 so I've seen over the years the amazing work and the number of animals they help. It's run by a group of ladies who all work and have families, they are all incredibly hardworking.

This is something I've always wanted to do but have no experience of so don't really know what to expect. I've trained as much as I possibly could fit in over the last 10 weeks, this week has been my strongest yet and I've done 5 hours over Box Hill and 20 flat miles, with another 3 hours hill climbing planned before the end of the week.

I love taking on challenges like this as I know that I'm really fortunate to be able to complete them, when I was 9 I suffered a very bad injury to my leg and I spent many years recovering, but now I like to prove to myself that I can do anything (within reason haha)

Anyway I hope this doesn't come across as bragging or anything I thought I'd just write a bit of detail so you know what I'm doing and why. And because I'm really excited to climb my first mountains :D

Now added the link whoops
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sarahclimbsmountains

Last edited:
Go you!!! I'd love to support you. Hope it goes well and you raise loads. Pls post a link or paypal addy for donations. Can't give much but every little helps I'm sure!

Reactions: MrA
I am very envious of you doing this, I was looking at it last year but none of my friends or family wanted to go with me and I didn't feel it was a go it alone type trip :( Take lots of piccies for us :)

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I am very envious of you doing this, I was looking at it last year but none of my friends or family wanted to go with me and I didn't feel it was a go it alone type trip :( Take lots of piccies for us :)
Oh no that's a shame, I think they do organised versions, I'm thinking of giving the national one a go next year and would do that with one of those groups, maybe we could do it together if we joined the same group! If I don't completely fail at this one that is!

Reactions: Jessey
Oh no that's a shame, I think they do organised versions, I'm thinking of giving the national one a go next year and would do that with one of those groups, maybe we could do it together if we joined the same group! If I don't completely fail at this one that is!
I'd love to but you are way fitter than me, I'd never keep up with you :p

@Ale is there any chance I could send a donation to your paypal address instead? I've tried a few times to donate and it just won't let me (could be the ipad ). Thankx

@Ale is there any chance I could send a donation to your paypal address instead? I've tried a few times to donate and it just won't let me (could be the ipad ). Thankx

Of course, that would be very kind of you! I'll PM you my address, thank-you very much X

Reactions: Trewsers
I can't sleep after what really was one of the most incredible adventures I've ever been on!

Yesterday we climbed Snowdon, Cadair Idris and Pen Y Fan taking 12 hours and 51 minutes in total. We had hoped to finish within 15 hours so were very pleased with this time, although the main thing was that we all thoroughly enjoyed it and no one got injured.

It's the first time I've ever climbed any mountains really and I had the most amazing time, I enjoyed every single second! I will definitely be back!!

We started at the bottom of Snowdon at 3.55am and the scenery at that time in the morning on such a beautiful day is something I will never forget. Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-12-08.png
And then at the summit at 5.35am where it was minus 5 with the wind chill Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-12-21.png

We finished Snowdon just after 7am and then drove onto Cadair Idris. We all found this the hardest of the 3 due to alot of loose stones and steeper climbs but this was hands down my favourite from start to finish. Much quieter than Snowdon and so much to see. Just so beautiful, again we were very fortunate with the weather! Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-12-50.png Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-12-37.png

Quite a drive from there onto the last mountain Pen Y Fan, but with picturesque scenery the whole way it flew by. Very busy up this mountain and although a steep climb after the other two it did feel a little bit like a cheat mountain as has a proper path the whole way up, no clambering over rock faces.

We started this one just before 3pm and finished about quarter to 5, which was a brilliant feeling. Views still very impressive from the top, these photos do not do any of it justice! Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-13-52.png Screenshot_2018-06-24-01-13-24.png

I'd quite like to return next year around the same time, midweek perhaps if it would be a little quieter around the summits and spend a day on each mountain as they really were just so fascinating and so much to see. But just an amazing experience that I'm so lucky to of had the opportunity to complete!!

Wow a very long day. Love the views. Hope you've managed to switch off and get some sleep. Hope the legs and feet don't hurt too much today.

newrider.com