I'm a murderer

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I got my first mouse since setting the traps, I really hate it :(

Poor little bugger, wasn't so little really, well fed and had a lovely shiny coat ...horse feed obviously agreed with it :(

I know how you feel, I hate killing them but we would just be over run with them if we didn't....I must confess I have took some of the cats in the past when they have been torturing them and let them run free down the bank :oops:

Reactions: Jessey
I know how you feel....I once bought a 5ltr bottle of oil to add to Jack's feed, but I timed it wrong and the grass came through so he went off feed so it sat in a crate on a bottom shelf of my tack room for a few weeks. When I had a clear out I discovered that mice had chewed through the lid, fallen in and drowned :(

There must have been a dozen in there!!! :eek:

I know rodents can be a PITA at times but I did feel awful.....

Reactions: Jessey
Aw I know. Once we had the humane traps in the old house. Omg one morning there was a poor little blighter in there covered in jam. We took him into a field and let him out in the hedge. I hope he was okay! But we ended up setting the killer ones too. My heart hardened after they chewed Joe's Newmarket fleece and my body warmer collection and some other things that had been Joe's.

Aw I know. Once we had the humane traps in the old house. Omg one morning there was a poor little blighter in there covered in jam. We took him into a field and let him out in the hedge. I hope he was okay! But we ended up setting the killer ones too. My heart hardened after they chewed Joe's Newmarket fleece and my body warmer collection and some other things that had been Joe's.
Apparently a mouse can find its way back to where you caught it from 2 miles away :eek: so the humane ones don't seem worth it, though I did use them years ago I just went straight for the killers after trying to discourage them as much as I could.

Apparently a mouse can find its way back to where you caught it from 2 miles away :eek: so the humane ones don't seem worth it, though I did use them years ago I just went straight for the killers after trying to discourage them as much as I could.

Lol I heard that too. Bad me, I let mr mouse loose in the loopy neighbours hedge:pwe hoped it might decide to go into his house if it did come back!

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
Got another yesterday, I put the traps down weeks ago and got nothing (apart from my bait stolen) and then 2 in 2 days. I hate taking the life of anything, I have to admit to feeling less guilty about killing rats though.

newrider.com