Ideas for Christmas Fancy Dress for Child and Pony?

oh yes!

1. white christmas - I'll post a picture

2. fairy on the tree

3. pony as Santa, child and leader as Elves

4. pony as a reinderr, child as santa, leader as Elf

5. child as a star, pony as tree

6. brown rug on pony - with white bit for kid to sit on - then dress the child all in green , then a red skull hat cover - a Christmas Pudding :D

few for you to be getting on with!!

and you can get battery operated fairy lights!

Paint your horse like a zebra! Seen it done a few times - looks great....can even get proper horsey paint! (not sure where from though)....

Could go as the "stallion" from Shrek? Daughter can go as princess Fiona!...or, if your grey looks anything like mine, then he could go as "Donkey" from Shrek, lol.

ERM....Knight and horse?
Jousting horse?
Cinderella and the horse can pull her "pumpkin" carriage?

ellieshow02.jpg

elliesshow03.jpg

elliesshwo06.jpg

from this year - not sure where last years's are!

nope - made it all

boots were off Ebay - and we added the fir top

the rug was made from fleece and then edged with the satin we used for the cape and skirt

the skirt and cape had net with glitter top layer

hat was made from the fleece and the fir

the jumper was from M&S and we added the bobbles - you can prob pick up the jumper from somewhere like Primark for a couple of quid

gloves were £1 from a pound shop

made the bridle cover from the fir

she had the white joddies as she jumps - but white trousers would do

The material was just over a tenner as we got it in the market!

The sequins we got from a shop - it was a pound for the whole lot!!!!! They are on a string

Cost us about £20 which I think was quite reasonable

I then spent more than that on pony hoof polish and glitter :eek:

we are using it for the next couple of weeks!

its VERY easy to make - as in VERY easy!

the skirt is made from four panels of satin, cut 14" long. Sewn together to make one MASSIVE long bit of material. Then we hemmed the bottom and then added a wide hem to the top and then sewed the sides together but left the top wide hem open

threaded through 1" wide elastic that had been cut to 24" (she is a 20" but wanted it to go over everything!!!!!!!!!!) and pulled it up and fastened with safety pins!

The rug was made from putting the fleece over a stable rug and cutting out the pattern

fastened by two lines of velcrose - you don't have to hem it like we did - but we had the material going spare and the time to do it so we did

the decoarations are just sewn on!

the reins were covered by make a tube of the fleece and then treading the reins through - same for brow band The noseband is on velcrose

teh cape was square cut and then sewn on to elastic and then we used te satin to make ties -

it really is very simple to do!

the hat cover was just a triangle of material pinned to check fit - then sewn and then put on hat and trimmed to be right at the bototm adn then the fir sewn on

it looks WAY more complicated than it actually is!

Hi my daughter Leah (9) is going to a pony club pony party, dressing up and gymkhana games. I have bought some tinsel maybe to plait into the tail/mane? also some childs Christmas hair bands in tinsel and plain ones with snowmen on and may attach them to ponies mane. I have ordered a Christmas Santa hat to go over her scull cap from e-bay, found one around £5 including postage. There are also Christmas rugs and Christmas leg bandages if you are like me and not very good at making things.

We took our two to a carol service for horses on saturday, Snoopy the cob dressed as a xmas tree and Betty an angel, all we did was buy some satin type material and make it like an exercise sheet with ribbons to tie under belly, tail and fasten to saddle, on the tree we tacked small cheap baubles and tinsel round the edge and made him a star from cardboard and foil to fasten with pipe cleaners on top of bridle. The angel had pink material for her sheet trimmed with pink tinsel and a couple of cheap angels tacked on corners we made her a halo out of a coat hanger and covered it with foil and tinsel they looked great.

Snowyboy...Please can you help me?????? :D

I'm doing a 'fairy on a tree'....Horse is big palomino cob, rider is nearly 35! OK I'm a big kid!:D;)

Any ideas, without using glue....how to attach dollops of cotton wool to a green lightweight new-zealand rug?? I can't buy materials here very easily, and don't want to buy anything else, just use what I've got!!

I though horse could wear her rug, with tinsel and baubles and little presents tacked to it (around the seam so I don't fill her rug with holes!) and I'll just FREEZE to death on top wearing not a lot! ;):cool:

I've got to make some 'wings' but I can manage that....Maybe!

I just wondered if you or anyone else had any clever ideas about attaching cotton wool snow or anything else for that matter to a turnout rug!!

BTW, your photos are fantastic! Lovely pony and cute child! :)

Cheers!

hmmm, now that is a challenge! We always sew everything on!

Not sure double sided tape will stick to the NZ rug :confused:

How about those glue dots that you use for scrapbooking??? They'd come off again - IF they'd stick to the rug in the first place!

I'd sew on pom poms! But that is just me :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the piccies :D

Can't wait to see the piccies :D

OF ME?? As a FAIRY????? :eek::eek::eek:

If all goes to plan, there will be a video for you to laugh at on the Interdressage site!!! :D

Will give double sided tape a go....TBH, her rug needs re-proofing so maybe it will stick!

Not sure about the sticky dots...Don't think Hungary has mastered them yet!! You're talking about a country where I had to travel for an hour and a half on the train to Budapest to buy.......

sellotape!!!:D:rolleyes:

And I had Blu-Tack sent from the UK!!!! :D

and why not :)

I think its all great fun - and I think we all need to have more of that :D

Tesco sell glue dots so I kinda assumed they were easy to get! Sorry :eek:

And to reiterate YES - pictures :D

newrider.com