I thought I was late for work. Tonsillectomy update.

Haha scabs coming off in your throat, gross but it's great too! I'm glad it's all going smoothly.

Sign language works.... ;)

It's really weird not being able to talk, my family and boyfriend really haven't got the idea that I can't reply into their heads yet!

45minute walk this morning, started to feel a bit more energetic! Cannot wait to see ale later!

I decided to try not taking ibuprofen last night as I didn't fancy eating but the pain was alot worse this morning for it so it's obviously not time to cut back yet

So 3 weeks tomorrow I had my op!!

So glad I had it done and fully back in the swing of things with a 55 hour week back at work, 120miles on the bike, started sharing a horse and generally just being very busy!!! I'm hoping when life quietens down a bit I will feel the benefits but right now I just feel exhausted. But I don't feel ill so that's something!!!

Quite simply the best decision I have ever made to have them removed, I haven't had any bugs or colds since and that is fantastic, I was ill at least every few weeks before having them removed. I sleep so much better too and breathing is alot easier without being bunged up.

Unfortunately I recently went to the doctors because my lymph nodes are still swollen (from before I had my operation) and he commented that my speech was still slightly off and asked if I had any trouble swallowing still. I do but had just presumed that was normal and that it takes a long time to heal. He said it could be that I have an infection somewhere in my throat or that there is something a bit sinister going on but most likely it is nothing and Im just taking longer to heal than most people. Which makes sense as I had the smoothest op ever and it would all be too easy otherwise!! So I'm off for an ultrasound on Monday and if anyone reads this can they just keep their fingers crossed that it's nothing and I just need some more time please. Really don't want to have to go on any antibiotics or anything. He said if nothing obvious shows up he may be able to arrange some sort of physio to help improve my swallowing muscles and in turn that will help my voice. I think it's just taking me a long time to get used to my throat without 2 giant tonsils in haha

Fingers crossed for you @Ale I'm sure like you've said it's maybe just your throat was so used to your two giant tonsils it's struggling to get back to normal.

Reactions: MrA
Hope the ultrasound goes ok and you just need a bit longer to heal. it must be great to be free of tonsillitis now though - and the thought you'll never have to suffer from it again :). More healing vibes coming your way and fingers crossed for the scan.

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you both of you, I'm sure all will be fine and hopefully just nothing!

I do hope everything is ok!

I can't remember if i took longer to heal or not???
(I was just so happy to not be constantly getting sick)
I was 34 when I had mine out but like you I was having constant problems and it
was the best thing I ever did too!!

Lots of vibes coming to you!!

Thank you, hopefully nothing so come Monday will be able to shift this uneasy feeling. And not being ill is a huge advantage. Sadly I was off work for an afternoon after hitting my head recently but when they did a review for that they commented on my improvement in my health, minus when I bang my head of course!!! So it's good that my employers have noticed I'm not constantly ill like I was

I frequently get tonsillitis and it's a nightmare. I've started to be petrified every time my throat starts to swell after a nasty bout of blood poisoning from it last year which led to 5 days in hospital. They decided not to take them out as I am not getting it frequently enough at 2-3 times a year but as a teacher it really knocks me for six as in my job I have no choice but to use and project my voice. Even if I go in thinking I'll try not to use it much, I'll end up using it and it's a nightmare. I've been petrified of them making the decision to take them out but reading this reassures me a little. Thanks :) xx

I frequently get tonsillitis and it's a nightmare. I've started to be petrified every time my throat starts to swell after a nasty bout of blood poisoning from it last year which led to 5 days in hospital. They decided not to take them out as I am not getting it frequently enough at 2-3 times a year but as a teacher it really knocks me for six as in my job I have no choice but to use and project my voice. Even if I go in thinking I'll try not to use it much, I'll end up using it and it's a nightmare. I've been petrified of them making the decision to take them out but reading this reassures me a little. Thanks :) xx

It really has changed my life. If you do ever have yours out the best advice I can give you is drink icy water constantly, and set alarms for your pain meds :) I had an incredibly easy recovery so it has been well worth it for me, it's a horrible illness made me so unwell beforehand, never to the point of blood poisoning though :O

Reactions: misty
newrider.com