I thought I was late for work. Tonsillectomy update.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Hi everyone :D

Well I'm back with the world. Everything went fine and no pain yet although my blood pressure was very low so they've been making me drink lots. Tried to make me eat but was almost sick so they are leaving that for now.

Hopefully will be going home in a few hours as long as my blood pressure keeps up.

Oh and coming round from the anestectic I thought I was late for work haha. Doctor said tonsils were huge and needed to come out, they were very long so went down my throat. Anyway going to get some rest now, just wanted to say thank-you for all the support and good wishes :)

Glad to hear you are back in the land of the living :)
Glad it went well, you just make sure you take it easy. x

Reactions: MrA
Waiting around to go home. I know it will hit later the pain etc but I feel pretty much fine right now so I am making the most of that. Just had a mouthful of jelly and it tasted disgusting, but at least don't feel sick now.

Good to hear that it went without a hitch. Did he show them to you? My surgeon had put mine in a jar to show me :eek:
No they didn't let me see them sadly :( but also quite glad in a way too. Just had a look in my mouth so weird them not being there!

You're so good to update us. Glad it went well xx

Rest lots and take painkillers at regular intervals don't wait for pain to start.

Hope you are home and in bed resting soon xxxxx

Glad it went OK. Yes take it easy but don't stay in bed unless doctor tells you to. Even after a serious OP these days the hospital have you sitting in a chair, and moving about.

So far I'm doing extremely well, long may it last!

Alarm is set for every couple of hours through the night to have a drink keep everything damp. And due next painkillers at 2am, so far just like a mild sore throat but I know that could change at any second!

Thanks for all the good vibes they are obviously working!

Glad it went ok @Ale Hopefully it'll stay as a sore throat and not get too painful for you. Sending healing vibes :)

newrider.com