I survived!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I took hank to the river crossing and he was a star :D he's a git to hose over so I had visions of a temper tantrum at getting wet and Jess getting ansy and charging forward leaving me strung out between the 2 getting a dunk, but they did no such thing, his first try he didn't hesitate, after my ice lolly on the other side and their grass snack he was a little less willing to leave :p thankfully the river had dropped in the last few days so his first try he was able to walk across and didn't have to swim.
And a few stills for those who can't watch the video :)
FB_IMG_1502081370617.jpg FB_IMG_1502081376527.jpg FB_IMG_1502081363952.jpg

What a beautiful ford! Brave Hank, but it could hardly be better set up for horses, eh? Where is that?
Its in Thetford Forest, at St Helens Picnic place near Santon Downham. The picnic place is a nice big grassy area, there's toilets there which are well maintained by the forestry commission and the ice cream van is there every day this time of year :p you can follow a quiet lane in, go in the way I went through the river or over the bridge on foot/bikes or at the other end there is a tunnel under the railway, so we have lots of circular routes which you can do around there, best of all its 2.5 miles from home for me :D The slope I went down to get in the first time got really churned up last year, but luckily there is a local yard that does holiday liveries about a mile away (its where G was stabled) and a lot of the appeal for their guests is playing in the river after a ride in the forest so they went down and totally sorted the slope out at the end of last summer and have made a cracking job of it :) Its www.forestlodgeholidays.co.uk if anyone is interested, they are lovely people and you couldn't ask for a better set up for horsey holidays, they also have their own beach to get into the river on their land :D

newrider.com