I like brown boots

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
But not sure what Toggi is thinking. I popped into the local shop to buy some boots and I didn't like the Ottawa in brown. I am glad then I didn't buy online.

There have been some threads about brown boots and I do like brown because I own a pair but obviously a certain type of brown. :rolleyes:

I have tan coured long boots ... not my first choice of colour I grant you, but they do the job!

My apologies if anyone has rain today. I tend to scare the weather if I buy something. ;-)

I guess I was trying to support the local shop but it's been taken over by national company.
To get Ariat means online shopping and I can be anything from a 4 or 5 in boots.
They can't get in anything for you anymore from another shop or catalogue.
I might need to move on to another store.

My apologies if anyone has rain today. I tend to scare the weather if I buy something. ;-)

I guess I was trying to support the local shop but it's been taken over by national company.
To get Ariat means online shopping and I can be anything from a 4 or 5 in boots.
They can't get in anything for you anymore from another shop or catalogue.
I might need to move on to another store.

I'd go to a store that stock Ariat even if you have to try them on in black at least you'll know what size you are. Once you've had Ariats you won't want anything else, they're like a pair of slippers.

Yes that's an idea.
I am awful at replacing things though. My last pair leaked and got to the point the zip fell down in its own, not ariat I might add but a pair I liked. :oops:
Her tack gets replaced mine I keep until it completely dies beyond repairing. :D

Yes that's an idea.
I am awful at replacing things though. My last pair leaked and got to the point the zip fell down in its own, not ariat I might add but a pair I liked. :oops:
Her tack gets replaced mine I keep until it completely dies beyond repairing. :D

I'm the same, my ariat short boots I've had years have finally cracked and holes are appearing :oops: need to replace them but haven't got my own horse to ride anymore I'm putting it off.

Reactions: newforest
I love my brown ariat grassmere boots. This is my 3rd pair now. My only complaint is that they don't last as long as they should for the price. They are very comfy though.

Reactions: newforest
Oh my..I am ashamed to say that I have a bit of a problem with brown riding boots...I can't stop buying them...I bought myself last year 2 pairs of Mark Todd country riding boots in brown one pair for riding and yard the other for good wear out walking etc and too break in for riding etc when other pair was done :oops: Then I bought myself a pair of Ariat country boots in brown, then I spied another pair of brown country Ariat boots, different design, and couldn't resist..then another:oops::oops::oops:
My Ariats
boots.jpg
I keep a pair of my Mark Todd ones in the boot of my car, just incase they are needed and pair down at the yard. The funny thing is I am not a shoe person at all lol

My short boots have to multi task. So these will be yard boots, lunging and some riding. I do like the Ariat Terain with zip so maybe when these die ( hopefully not yet I might try them.
I kill walking boots in three months, so I get concerned on the prices.
My long boots for riding only I will get the zip redone. They are about 8 years old as look like new still.

My Ariat H2O's are 4 years old now and although they leak and are paint-spattered, you wouldn't know they had been worn from the soles..... And my goodness have they been worn!! I bought a 2nd pair a couple of years ago but the padded ankle aggravated the achilles tendinitis that I had at the time so I sold them cheaply after only wearing them twice. Shoulda kept them as my heel is fine now!

I wear my short boots for everything, from bringing in from the field, mucking out, stable chores, pottering about, I wear them like a wellie in summer. As well as riding. Would love a pair of brown long boots but don't think they'll be as comfy for all that so going to go for Ariat short boots again but brown this time and new gaiters to match. Just got to get another horse sorted first.

Oh my..I am ashamed to say that I have a bit of a problem with brown riding boots...I can't stop buying them...I bought myself last year 2 pairs of Mark Todd country riding boots in brown one pair for riding and yard the other for good wear out walking etc and too break in for riding etc when other pair was done :oops: Then I bought myself a pair of Ariat country boots in brown, then I spied another pair of brown country Ariat boots, different design, and couldn't resist..then another:oops::oops::oops:
My Ariats
View attachment 87544
I keep a pair of my Mark Todd ones in the boot of my car, just incase they are needed and pair down at the yard. The funny thing is I am not a shoe person at all lol

Ooooh! Lovely collection! I am not a shoe girl at all - but boots......different story!!!!

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com