I have no clue

HI and welcome :) I missed your original post as was away on holiday so apologies for the delay.
Wow and double Wow! One of the things I love about NR is that we have people on here from all around the world, it's great to see 'how the other half live' as it were.
Smoke sounds great and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with him :D

Reactions: Ladeefire
Oh I can't wait to see more pics of Alaska especially what your winters are like. Love the mountains in the background...Looking forward to hearing how you and Smoke get on :)

Glad to hear its all going well, and even a newbie can have constructive things to add so please do join in :D Again, I will be on the next flight when that lottery ticket comes in :D Alaska is definitely on my bucket list, oh to have that view every day :p

Reactions: Trewsers
Hi!!

Sorry to have jumped onto this thread rather late on and missed the decision making part!! But congrats on your first ever horse! Any questions that you can't find an answer or opinion to...pop it on here! Theres surely someone who can help!
Alaska looks awesome!

Good luck and keep us informed! xxx

Hi!!

Sorry to have jumped onto this thread rather late on and missed the decision making part!! But congrats on your first ever horse! Any questions that you can't find an answer or opinion to...pop it on here! Theres surely someone who can help!
Alaska looks awesome!

Good luck and keep us informed! xxx
Thank you!

Oh I can't wait to see more pics of Alaska especially what your winters are like. Love the mountains in the background...Looking forward to hearing how you and Smoke get on :)
Winters in the last 3 years have been mild with temps around 20 most of the winter (not sure how to convert that to Celsius) last year we had 6 inches of snow total but 5 years ago there was a lot more. Most people either turn their horses out if they live out in the wilderness, or like my pasture, it's wooded. Dave and I just got wood delivered to build an additional shelter because we struggle with letting them tough it out. It's in progress and I will post pics. We have ten round bales now and one of the horses isn't mine so I expect a few more for him.

Reactions: Gimp
I missed the original post too! Totally agree with everyone else, wow those pics look amazing, you are truly lucky to live there!!

Congrats on buying smoke, even if it doesn't work out riding wise (I'm sure it will!) then having the horses to care for will bring you lots of joy anyway. I haven't ridden all summer due to being pregnant and still thoroughly enjoy my visits to the stables to care for my horses.

newrider.com