Hmm just a few random thoughts for the week

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
image.jpeg First, evidence that they do cater for our horses in all spheres of trade. Yes they made a light for them!

Now on to some other things. Anyone else really not feeling the love for snow flurries / sleet / hail showers? My feet and hands have been numb today more often than not. And snow is sneaky. It seeps into places. It has started to cover some of my hayledge that I opened. It seems to creep in tiny gaps.

And what is everyone having for dinner this evening? Mr T has made a good hot curry which is now simmering nicely in the croc. I am going to need it! I have to go back out there shortly and skip out, dish hayledge and soothe Zi's ruffled feathers as he is not liking the snow one bit:oops:

No snow in Cornwall today, just lots of rain and hail and wind... dog and I narrowly escaped the worst of the hailstorms this afternoon, we literally reached the front door as the first stones hit the ground, it was so heavy that the garden was coated in white within 5 minutes.
Tonight I'm studying (surprise bloody surprise). Dinner is salmon quiche made by my dad's own fair hands.

Trewsers try these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mycoal-foo...516133108&sr=8-1&keywords=mycoal+foot+warmers
This winter ive worn these for the yard and work and this is the first winter I can remember not having horrendous chilblains. My feet are still pink, pretty and pain free instead of blue, blistery, revolting and agonisingly painful. Ive the hand warmers too and wear them if it dips to below about 2 degrees.

We had home made roast parsnip soup for dinner - yummy but my new favorite is Jamie Olivers fish korma.... that's tomorrows dinner :D

Been blowing a hoolly here again today:mad: 100kmph gusts. Stayed home and did some more decorating:( Dinner was an onion omelette with rocket and beetroot (we're trying to eat on a budget:oops:)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Well I had a lovely salad for dinner just before getting plenty of exercise.
I've just got back from doing the horses. Only to find I had acquired a new horse a little Arab from the yard next door.
Fortunately after chunky jumped in with her's 6 horses last week. I had to put an electric wire up to stop them making up to each other over the fence. YO fencing is so rubbish and admittedly mine are on the uphill side so jumping is easier but I cant believe it was chunky. If my youngster had jumped into hers I could understand it, but not my old boy. Fortunately the lady turned up to do hers just after I had discovered mine out. As a result he had managed to cut all his leg open so I've been treating it daily. Hoping it will heel. Anyway this little one tonight had got between the wire I had put up last week and the main fence so not actually in with you two. I rung the woman and told her but she wasn't able to come out so I've had to figure out how to get the horse back into her yard with all the gates padlocked. Fortunately I found a way through. She told me her little one is a jumper so it wouldn't surprise me if it jumps into my paddock again. But it's taken me ages to get it back so I've just had my exercise.

Trewsers try these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mycoal-foo...516133108&sr=8-1&keywords=mycoal+foot+warmers
This winter ive worn these for the yard and work and this is the first winter I can remember not having horrendous chilblains. My feet are still pink, pretty and pain free instead of blue, blistery, revolting and agonisingly painful. Ive the hand warmers too and wear them if it dips to below about 2 degrees.

We had home made roast parsnip soup for dinner - yummy but my new favorite is Jamie Olivers fish korma.... that's tomorrows dinner :D

Ooh those look good! Thanks for the link

Well I had a lovely salad for dinner just before getting plenty of exercise.
I've just got back from doing the horses. Only to find I had acquired a new horse a little Arab from the yard next door.
Fortunately after chunky jumped in with her's 6 horses last week. I had to put an electric wire up to stop them making up to each other over the fence. YO fencing is so rubbish and admittedly mine are on the uphill side so jumping is easier but I cant believe it was chunky. If my youngster had jumped into hers I could understand it, but not my old boy. Fortunately the lady turned up to do hers just after I had discovered mine out. As a result he had managed to cut all his leg open so I've been treating it daily. Hoping it will heel. Anyway this little one tonight had got between the wire I had put up last week and the main fence so not actually in with you two. I rung the woman and told her but she wasn't able to come out so I've had to figure out how to get the horse back into her yard with all the gates padlocked. Fortunately I found a way through. She told me her little one is a jumper so it wouldn't surprise me if it jumps into my paddock again. But it's taken me ages to get it back so I've just had my exercise.

Oh what a carry on! Yes, you definitely had your exercise there by the sounds of it.

If you are prone to chilblains the best preventative is silk! You can get silk liners to go in your gloves and socks, and I wear silk long-johns under my jods in winter because I get chilblains on my thighs otherwise!
Tried silk joosie, didn’t work for me, I’ve had silk socks and silk glove liners and it didn’t make one jot of difference to be honest. I have rubbish circulation I guess.

That's a shame. It makes no difference to my hands either, but I have Reynauds so I don't expect anything ever will :rolleyes: The problem is when you go indoors your skin warms up too quickly which is what makes the reaction so bad. Ideally you need to warm up gradually but I am yet to find a way of doing that! I used to go in and wash my hands in warm water to get my fingers back, until someone pointed out that was going to make my chilblains a million times worse :rolleyes:

My nan had poor circulation. I think some just do. It suggests stopping smoking, well I don't.
I have noted an improvement with long and then slightly shorter socks. Decent wellies that are warmer than my cheapo ones.

That's a shame. It makes no difference to my hands either, but I have Reynauds so I don't expect anything ever will :rolleyes: The problem is when you go indoors your skin warms up too quickly which is what makes the reaction so bad. Ideally you need to warm up gradually but I am yet to find a way of doing that! I used to go in and wash my hands in warm water to get my fingers back, until someone pointed out that was going to make my chilblains a million times worse :rolleyes:
This is why I love the foot warmers my feet don’t get cold so I don’t need to warm them back up, same with the hand warmers, they are small enough to fit in the palm of my gloves and when I’m riding my fingers get the benefit too, win for me all round, luckily my legs etc are always warm.
I cannot imagine what raynaulds is like, I’ve actually cried before with the pain in my fingers so can only imagine how it must be for you.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com