Hiya!

Laura82

Nov 28, 2017
hey just thought I would drop by and say hello! I’ve been nosing about the forum for past couple weeks since last Saturday I have finally bought my first horse (35 years of waiting)!

Anyway I’m probably going to be full of questions because I am starting to get the jitters of finally being able to own. I have bought a 14.2 welsh section d gelding. He is a wee gem and a friend of mine found him for me. He arrives in a couple of weeks and I don’t think it fully sunk in yet.

Anyway any help and advice is massively appreciated!

Congratulations on getting your first horse :D I had a similar wait for my first (and only) horse, but he's every bit what I dreamed of when I was a child. It's going to be a long two weeks! Don't forget the pictures when you get your new boy home :)

Welcome to NR :D Two weeks is an age to wait, I'm always wanting to get them home straight away lol but its good that you have some time to get everything ready :) I will look forward to the pics :)

Hi, yes two weeks is ages to wait, I don't think I could hold out that long to get him home lol I am sure you are very excited, I can't wait to see the pics of him when he arrives :D

It's a long wait but timing just wasn't on my side :( there are waiting lists at every yard and the ones that didn't have limited facilities. So had to decide whether to move him twice in a short space or wait for the yard I wanted so opted for the wait :( I will have loads of pics once my boy is home you will get fed up of them lol!

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Reactions: Jessey
I think it was kind of you to let him only move once, I'm sure he'll settle all the quicker for it.

I wanted a pony all my childhood and didn't get Ziggy until I was 50, so I understand long waits! Look forward to seeing pictures of your Welshie.

Welcome. If you are like me you will spend the first couple of weeks wondering what you have done. It seems fairly common that new horses behave "uncharacteristically" during their first 8 weeks or so so be prepared for that!

Reactions: newforest
Hi - such an exciting time! Buying my horse was one of the best decisions I ever made, she's added so much to my life.

Hi welcome nr congratulations on getting your first horse I bet u can't wait to get him home bless him I was really excited when I got mine lol

Hopefully picking him up on Wednesday! Trying to get everything organised and keep calm about it lol

I can sense your excitement from here! Congratulations!!

There is nothing better than having 4 legged friend(s) to take over all your time, money and everything else about your life! :)

I picked William up yesterday and he travelled like a star! He has really settled in so quickly it's like he has never moved! I'll be able to post pictures later on :)

Reactions: GaryB and newforest
newrider.com