He's living up to his schoolmaster reputation!

HaloHoney

Apr 30, 2017
So, what has Flash taught me today?

When I sit up straight, chest out, shoulders back, hands still, fingers closed around reins, heels down, pulling up from my core, elbows in, my thumbs towards his ears, my head up and looking at the arena letters and not at his (frankly gorgeous) ears... well blow me down, he responds like magic! If I look down at those beautiful ears, my whole position changes, my shoulders go round and I lose the contact because my position is so crap!o_O

Imagining I've got two fivers under my armpits was helping me keep my elbows from looking like I was doing the birdie dance earlier. :p

Also learned today where to put my leg on him so he responds how I'd like him to. Trotting round with no stirrups helped me find that- he was brilliant and really going forward after I found where he responds the best. Even managed a little bit of canter with no stirrups too. :D

I am learning so much from him. He's so polite - and really tries hard even when I ask him the wrong way. It's like he's dropping hints to get me to find the right answer. He's such an amazing horse. I Keep having to pinch myself to check I'm not daydreaming that he's mine.

Flash, matey, you are EPIC (even if you did sulk because I gave you a bath afterwards). :)

I love this post! Its amazing what horses can continually teach us, isnt it?

newrider.com