help needed on getting refunds?

Snowyboy

Jun 6, 2007
Sunny South Wales
bought a new saddle - got it from a tack shop and had it fitted by saddler - not the tack shop

saddle fits beautifully

child loves saddle

today, in a flippin competition we find out that the stirrup bar is defective and in both her competitions her stirrup flew off and she isn't good enough to jump 2ft w/out them but she managed one jump before she pulled up

Clearly we need to try and get the saddler to take it back - BUT we've had it weeks - first time she's jumped in it so problem was shown till today

Can a defective stirrup bar be mended - this is the first saddle that has fitted the pony in an 18 month search so we'd rather it was fixed than replaced

I've spent ages getting it soft and ready for use!

the bar is too wide - the gap from the saddle to the bar is oversized - it seems the bar needs bending back towards the saddle - if that makes sense?

Yeah, I think that can be done - I was going to get one which the bar was too close to the saddle and was told not a problem and could be sorted...

Whether it should be sorted is another matter :p

thanks

we are going to the saddler's in a sec to get his opinion before I go back to the tack shop

I'd rather it was just repaired tbh!

its the ONLY saddle that has ever fitted this pony without needing reconstruction - he is an odd shape

child loves saddle - real bonus

and I've spent the last 2.5 weeks soaping the leather on a daily basis and balming it - so its just starting to get that real lovely English Leather softness you get - I've spent hours and hours on it - so I'd rather it was fixed!!!!!

I don't even care about paying for it - just want it working!!!!

newrider.com