Has anyone used....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
A company called natural horse supplies (they are online)? I am thinking of trying Storm with some agnus castus, she is very mareish and always has been, not necessarily when in season, but most of the time she is about with Chloe does some awful mean face pulling etc and instead of trying an overall calmer I wondered about a specific mare intended one? I came across this company and their products look quite good value compared to some of the well known brands I have seen in local tack shops. Anyone used? Thanks

I use progressive earth in Orkney for ground chaste berry, their stuff is good value and exceptional quality :)
Chaste berry is also used to combat cushings, there is some debate about it being a dopamine antagonist and the prascend being a dopamine agonist so they could work against each other, but I asked various vets at Rossdales, Newmarket and they didn't really know and said try it which I did. General concensus of people who have it either helps the cushings symptoms or not but doesnt make matters any worse :)

I use progressive earth in Orkney for ground chaste berry, their stuff is good value and exceptional quality :)
Chaste berry is also used to combat cushings, there is some debate about it being a dopamine antagonist and the prascend being a dopamine agonist so they could work against each other, but I asked various vets at Rossdales, Newmarket and they didn't really know and said try it which I did. General concensus of people who have it either helps the cushings symptoms or not but doesnt make matters any worse :)

That's interesting. I am really in two minds about which calmer / supplement to try on Storm. She has always been terribly mareish, it's nothing new. But, I have never really explored the possibilities calmer wise long term. I don't think there is much of a correlation between her seasons and her temper, she is generally a face pulling / dominant mare:rolleyes:
Hmm. There are sooo many companies out there producing calmers and making claims about their effectiveness. It's a huge subject!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com