Hank update...doing much better

I think hanky poo poo is sound :D it was a little tough to be sure on my own, it was a bit like trying to fly a kite while running backwards down a rutted field ;) I've doubled the size of his pen, will see how it holds up with a bit more movement and start hand walking him :)
Oh fab news.

Reactions: Jessey
Fab news!! One of mine has worked out that you can very carefully get hold of the top.of the fencing poles then just drop them on the floor so I feel your pain with keeping them in somewhere they dont want to be. Fingers crosses he keeps behaving and stays happy, stays put and stays sound! :)

Fab news!! One of mine has worked out that you can very carefully get hold of the top.of the fencing poles then just drop them on the floor so I feel your pain with keeping them in somewhere they dont want to be. Fingers crosses he keeps behaving and stays happy, stays put and stays sound! :)

My marley does that :rolleyes:

Reactions: HaloHoney
Hank did great in the bigger pen so he's now upgraded to a strip about 200ft long. He and Jess are back to being best buddies (either side of the fence). She came into season early last week so it def wasn't that that had made her stupidly grumpy, it probably was just Hangry and stop starting out on that ride to wait for people that made her mad :(

I spoke too soon :( he did it right next to me, titting around, I saw it and said 'that hurt didn't it, now stop' and he walks away lame again :( back in the pen he goes :rolleyes:

Damn- so sorry he seems lame again. I am having similar stop start success with getting Bertie donkey 100 per cent sound....definitely not lammi though with him but still so frustrating isn't it? :(

Reactions: Jessey
:p no he's not bitten at the fence since that day :rolleyes: He's bright and perky, I put him in a pen down by the overhanging trees (as I've had no signs of the kids coming back in a week now) and from the state of his rug he had a good nights sleep in the sand pit :)he's not badly lame, just a little off so hopefully it will sort itself out, it was obviously better but not better enough for bucking and twisting on that leg just yet.

newrider.com