Gfs saddles?

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
Looking for a saddle for Kite, she's apparently hard to fit one to and the last 2 fitted by saddles have caused problems ad not fitted well at all.
Anyway have seen an adjustable gfs. I've never owned a gfs and wondered peoples thoughts on them, if they fit well etc.

Ive got a GFS and love it, have had it fit 3 of my horses now,mine isn't adjustable but IMO GFS saddles are good saddles.x

GFS tend to be fairly flat treed, however they weren't flat enough for my 4yo! I'd suggest getting a fitter out, find what fits etc - you don't have to buy from them, look online to find the saddle cheaper. Just remember, the gullet changes will only change the gullet width, not the saddle width. This usually means that the saddle curves more as you widen it.

The GFS fit my horse in shape with the medium but it was too narrow, by the time we'd put the XW gullet in, it was too curved and lifting off her back. They're good quality though, and if they had have fitted my mare, I would've had one in preference to any other reasonably priced saddle. They're comfy too.

newrider.com