Gel Flyspray - Reccomendations?

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I make my own flyspray usually, which is really effective except for one Pete's sheath. He hates the feeling of flyspray on his sheath, but is fine with gels & creams (I'm having to apply anto bacterial salve to his bite at the moment) so I'm thinking I'm going to slather fly gel/fly cream on his sheath ... :D

It's been ages since I've bought a fly gel or cream, so can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks!

Phaser is great stuff, but I use aqueous cream or sudocrem as a carrier for the same essential oils I use in my spray on version, it works pretty well :p

Last edited:
Reactions: PePo
Nettex summer cream is quite good and so is good ole Sudocreme for boy parts :p

Don't know about boy parts but sudocreme works really well on girl parts (udders not those parts!) Seems to keep the flies from biting sensitive bits.

One area I leave well alone. I do value my head.
I do up to and around the udder. That's enough to get the tail seriously warmed up!

I had thought abour sudocream, but wasnt sure if it was a good idea? Im glad you NR girls think it is, as a slathered Pete in it tonight ...

20170705_195039.jpg

It still makes me laugh, that this he geniunely couldn't care less about but six years later & I still have to spray mane conditioner on my hands and rub into his forelock and even then he's still sceptical .... :D

Reactions: Jessey
Ive been using the yellow summer fly cream on my lads. The midges have attacked less this year as a result.

newrider.com