Free track your hacking apps

Aln

Jun 5, 2016
Hi guys does any of u know a great app for tracking your process and timing etc whilst out riding is there any free apps that don't require WiFi just thought I would ask lol

I use Sports Tracker app, I don't think you need data at all as it works via GPS but I tend to have my data on anyway so have yet to test it without. You can use it for loads of other sports too.

I use Endomondo because it has an option for riding. It works on gps but I assume it uses data too. This is today's summary - you can select metric measurements instead if you want and it also gives you a map of where you've been.

IMG_2073.PNG

I use Map My Run & swap to whatever activity I'm doing - walking, runnig or riding :)

It shows the same or very similiar data as Endomondo, from the looks of Bodshi's post!

I use sportractive. Works off GPS. No data required. If I want to properly view the route using satellite image then I do it when I'm at home as that needs my WiFi. But the GPS tracks just fine when I'm out. Tracks multiple sports.

I tried several apps but found they weren't very accurate, it seemed when we moved from one mobile tower to another it would suddenly think we were in a different place to where the last tower had tracked us too, probably not an issue is you aren't riding far enough to switch between towers or are in an area with more towers so get more accurate location.

newrider.com