Free jumps vs tech stirrups

The "children's" ones retail at £150.00. Apparently there is no weight limit now and they say the width is suitable for up to size 6 footwear.
Have I read that correctly? If so then I could easily manage with the smaller ones.
It was on EBay that I read the above last night so may be a lot of twaddle.........

Personally I wouldn't use them, I don't think they are as good as the pros.

a 9 year old should be fine in the lites,

She's tiny too, she still fits in some size 7 jeans and tops lol

I've got brown as they go with my tack and I can wear them whatever colour he's got on. I do like the blue though! I really like the red but Char never wear red so they'd clash lol.

If you do BD you can only wear the black ones!

Mine are black but if I'm honest, I'd totally have them in every colour if money was no object haha

Apparently there is no weight limit now and they say the width is suitable for up to size 6 footwear.

I have ridden with both - I am a size 6 foot and roughly weigh around 57kg (I think) and I found the kids ones so light and it annoyed me. They felt flimsy for me. I preferred the adults that had some weight in. As far as weight for the stirrup goes, I was always told that 60kg was the weight limit for the lites but this might not apply with the new range. I'd maybe contact them to check.

@SeeingSpots a 9 year old should be fine in the lites, it's the 12 year old plus who are like mini adults I've seen having problems with them. I agree they are very expensive, mine were a present and I love them! I've got brown as they go with my tack and I can wear them whatever colour he's got on. I do like the blue though! I really like the red but Char never wear red so they'd clash lol.

My daughters just got the blue, we opted for adult ones in the end as I expect her to be a size 5-6 shoe once grown and I was concerned about the lack of room at the side of her foot in the kids life's version. She's a 3-3.5 shoe ATM but still growing. I figured I was better paying more money but paying once than needing a adult pair in a year or so. Obviously she ended up with free jump leathers too :) x

@SeeingSpots a 9 year old should be fine in the lites, it's the 12 year old plus who are like mini adults I've seen having problems with them. I agree they are very expensive, mine were a present and I love them! I've got brown as they go with my tack and I can wear them whatever colour he's got on. I do like the blue though! I really like the red but Char never wear red so they'd clash lol.

My daughters just got the blue, we opted for adult ones in the end as I expect her to be a size 5-6 shoe once grown and I was concerned about the lack of room at the side of her foot in the kids lite version. She's a 3-3.5 shoe ATM but still growing. I figured I was better paying more money but paying once than needing a adult pair in a year or so. Obviously she ended up with free jump leathers too :) x

Reactions: SeeingSpots
newrider.com