For anyone that likes hedgehogs and hates litter!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I put this on fb but thought I would share with you guys too. Today I got up close to my first ever wild hedgehog! And gave him a little helping hand.

18359096_10158660966630156_8418442613049595028_o.jpg

My boyfriend was driving us home today and on the verge of a large roundabout I noticed a pheasant, and saw this little one wandering about next to it.

We couldn't pull off the road for what seemed like forever but I ran back to where I had seen him and thankfully he was still there plodding round in circles!

Took the pic whilst waiting for my boyfriend to bring a towel from the car as the cup was wedged fast and I can confirm hedgehogs are very prickly!!

Managed to eventually free him and he seemed uninjured and toddled off into the bushes!

They are wonderful creatures and in some way I'm very lucky to of been able to meet my first wild hedgehog :D but obviously very angry at whoever threw the cup away too!

Bless. They sometimes have fleas lol I picked one up years ago from a roadside verge and wrapped it in my old jumper. Somehow the fleas hopped onto me hehehe itchy......

Reactions: MrA
Aw poor hedgehog. Glad you were there to rescue him. Loving 'my' 2 at the moment!

Reactions: MrA
newrider.com