Flexion SBS

fluffy

Oct 5, 2003
nr tweseldown,hants
Visit site
Tried the Flexion SBS today,well impressed with it.My horse seems to like it as well,which is more to the point.I have hired it for a while so we can have a few more goes using it before I commit to buying one,but am fairly certain I'll go ahead.
Who else has got one?

I like mine. so do 90% of the horses, not all but 90% ain't bad.

pop onto the Enlightened Equitation website and you can email Heather Moffett directly, plus there is a forum full of users who will tell you anything you want to know about the SBS

I'm thinking about having one on the trial, to see if Ebby and I get on with it - we've had too many bad experiences with treed saddles to fill a lifetime!

Do the saddle's have to be sent back before the 30 day trial period ends if we don't get on with them, or can we just send them back on the 30th day?

Hi, I had an SBS (GP) on trial over Christmas from Nix at www.neigh.org and was very impressed with her service. She sent numnah, sticky cloth, stirrups and leathers too. The normal trial is 5 days, but as it was a holiday we had a longer one.

I ordered my saddle at the end of the trial and it has arrived today. Woohoo!

It was all remarkably easy to spend a large amount of money! If you are at all interested do contact her and set up the trial.

Ordered the saddle today,it is so easy to spend loads n loads of money in one go, all at the click of a button!!!
But it's worth it,after seeing how much more he's relaxed(sorry bad grammer I know,but being scots i'm still recovering from pressing the buy button!)
I can't get over how comfortable the saddle is,I love it,my bum loves it,my horse loves it.
Thanks to Vicki for coming out with it and also having a trialling scheme.

I'm being a bit cheeky here, but is there anyone in the Cheshire area (or close by) that has a Flexion SBS that I could come and have a look at? I am really keen on the idea but other treeless saddles I have tried seem to sit you quite far back rather than allowing you to sit as close to the horses whithers as possible. Any assistance or comment would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Emma

I've got the dressage version and love it. I feel a lot more secure and a lot less 'perched' than I do in 'normal' saddles. Also once you get used to the set back stirrup bars you feel much more balanced.

I've used it not only on my girl (5 year old ISH) but on 6 other horses on holiday ranging from a chunky cob to a 17.2 hh TB. 3 went better in it and 3 showed no difference but didn't object to it either. The only 'problem' that I've had with it was when I forgot to do up my girth because I was chatting to my trainer. Saff went into canter round a corner and I disappeared sidewards :rolleyes: It did slip a bit last week when I was mounting (nobody there to hold the stirrup) but then I'm not exactly a lightweight and my cronky ankle just happens to be my 'mounting' ankle (I can get on the other way but it's easier to stick to what I know best at the moment because of my injury!) so I wasn't exactly springing up onto her lightly :( It HAS, though, stayed put through her rearing episode.

I tried the GP but didn't find it forward cut enough for my liking so won't be doing much jumping in it, I would like an 'event' version for hacking out and jumping.

newrider.com