First trip with new trailer **pics**

CMP

Jan 15, 2010
Some of you may know that I bought a trailer a few weeks ago. I have just been practising reversing etc before I drive about my pride and joy in it.

So, on Wednesday, I didnt turn Caymen out, I just gave him a nice big groom, put his saddle etc in the car and got hitched up. He loaded no problem at all. I dont know if he had been in a trailer or not but didnt really anictipate any problems as I have loaded him into a small lorry before.

So I set off with some friends for moral support and to take pics! He was fine travelling and unloaded no problem at the other end. It was quite a short journey for my first one. I got him organised and had to get on the wrong side as he would not stand. I will forgive him as not normally an issue for him. He was very forward going as always and just as he would normally be hacking at home including getting extremely excited when I went to take him for a blast. I fell off :redcarded: I got back on and he did it again so took him for a trot uphill instead and manged to stay on!

All in all, quite pleased with how it went despite falling off. He would act like that at home too so not too concerned about that. Anyways...a few pics

Attachments

• hiviscaymen.jpg
    hiviscaymen.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 57
  • sexymrc.jpg
    sexymrc.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 48
Well done you pulling the trailer. How can you be so blase about falling off twice!!! And he looks rather a long way down too?:giggle:

Well done you pulling the trailer. How can you be so blase about falling off twice!!! And he looks rather a long way down too?:giggle:

Thanks! I only fell off once, I dont think I explained it very well! I mamaged to stay on second time. I should know him well enough as he can be like that when he is not worked much. I didnt hurt myself, more angry at myself for trying to do too much! He is only 16hh but he looks much bigger :biggrin:

Well done you. Have made the same mistake myself, loaded up, not enough work done previously and launched out the side.

However, I was far less blase than you - I did get back on again, but made a huge song and dance about the whole episode!

Well done you. Have made the same mistake myself, loaded up, not enough work done previously and launched out the side.

However, I was far less blase than you - I did get back on again, but made a huge song and dance about the whole episode!

Glad I am not alone. It's not the first time and no doubt, not the last though I am pleased that round 2 of his capers, I stayed on. Think I might be getting somewhere. The last time I fell off, it was twice and when he realised I was going to keep getting back on, he turned into a donkey. Ruddy horse, he loves to test me! As everyone keeps telling me, he will make me a better rider :biggrin:

I have never hurt myself and this time is the first time I was even sore the next day. I dont like to think about things too much as I have battled with my nerves so much. This time last year, I dont mind admitting that I was scared to ride him.

Love my boy :inlove:

Well done you, I have a trailer and have talked about towing for well over a year but cant quite summon up the courage, just the never ending wait for OH to drive (which never seems to come) :wink:

Well done first time out its great feeling isnt it when you are able to take your precious cargo out I drive so carefully and me and my daughter go all over the place since we got our trailer

Wow, sounds like you had a great day (despite the falling off). You must have such a sense of freedom knowing that you can go anywhere you like without having to rely on other people.

I have never hurt myself and this time is the first time I was even sore the next day. I dont like to think about things too much as I have battled with my nerves so much. This time last year, I dont mind admitting that I was scared to ride him.

Wow really? I never knew that! I remember you fell off him when you tried him and you jumped straight back on and still loved him - I always admired that! I thought you had nerves of steel!

But if not, then your bravery is even more amazing!! Wow!! Just incredible!

And he reminds me so much in the face of Tango - he could be his big brother!! :giggle: Gorgeous!

newrider.com