Feed My Horses!! (Again....)

I was about to stick up a post re the Saracen releve. Just wondering does that have to be feed soaked. I was feeding balancer but a number of people suggested I feed a cereal free as billy hasn't been foot trimmed since I bought him. I was recommended the sugar beet based one in the brown bag by Allen & page. You have to soak to feed. Name escapes me at present.
Anyway I'm just getting to the bottom of the first bag. I'm not sure the boys have enjoyed it. I get wet slop left round the feed bowl. So wondering about the releve. Or trying something else. It doesn't seem to have made any difference to Billys foot growth. Chunky maybe has more energy but seems to waste more of it. Hes never normally wasted food. Could i mix something with it to make it more palettable than slop.
Just come to me. It fast fibre ive been feeding.

Just re reading this thread. What exactly is the names of the vit and mineral supplements people use please.

I'd like to know this too. Mine have a balancer - the Top Spec one - which I liked for Roxy as it's good for hooves and her farrier says her feet are in good shape now, so hurrah! It's expensive though at more than £30 a sack which isn't going to last all that long with two horses. I try and keep everything as cheap as poss so mine get speedibeet - as a sack lasts AGES - and chaff, but happy to substitute the balancer for a vit and min supplement if it's going to cut costs and be as effective. Please recommend one!

I was feeding the top spec balancer, but was recommended to try fast fibre as cereal free by a few on here.
Chunky and Billy are fine with soaked sugar beet pellets. They don't waste but since being on the fast fibre they waste. As the fast fibre is sugar beet based I obviously stopped using normal sugar beet. I might try the releve and go back on sugar beet pellets. I have some pellets left.

I was feeding the top spec balancer, but was recommended to try fast fibre as cereal free by a few on here.
Chunky and Billy are fine with soaked sugar beet pellets. They don't waste but since being on the fast fibre they waste. As the fast fibre is sugar beet based I obviously stopped using normal sugar beet. I might try the releve and go back on sugar beet pellets. I have some pellets left.
Probably because good old beet pellets are molassed, its like the difference between raisins and chocolate covered raisins, I know which I prefer ;) :p

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
newrider.com