Fat boy slim!

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
You know how when you see someone every day you don't tend to always notice little changes...... I noticed the other day that Pedro is really piling the pounds on since the farmer cut down the sheep in our field. (We had 30 all summer and now only have 10) so he is going on an emergency diet. Had a good feel of him yesterday and he is developing a hard crest! (He's never had a crest before!) and is starting to get a channel along his back. I feel bad that I didn't notice it sooner, but I've noticed it now and am doing something about it!

So as of today he is coming into his stable during the day with a double netted Haynet (both nets small holes) and I'm going to ride him as often as I can and do faster work, more trot.

Here is his start photo

image.jpeg

And this morning, not looking too happy about being "in prison"!

image.jpeg

Good on your for getting on top of it before it runs away with you, but its pretty natural for them to lay down some pork this time of year so they can afford to loose plenty over the winter months so don't beat yourself up too much :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Good for you doing something about it. I am trying too, (trying being the operative word thanks to all the greenstuff!). It's hard but everything helps. (Btw he is lovely looking as ever)

Peds was slightly happier about coming in this morning. He was munching his Haynet when I left for work :) and had eaten about 2/3rds of it when I got up to the farm after work :)
20160914_065003_resized.jpg

It was drizzling this evening and quite dull but we donned our waterproofs and hiviz and went out for 45 mins. Lots of trotting :)

20160914_180900_resized.jpg

I'm going to split his field at the weekend as the grass has shot through again!

Well the riding more frequently hasn't really happened! I've been so busy and just haven't had the energy! Bad pony mummy!

Peds has been living in at night for the past two weeks ish tho so has lost a little weight (not much tho!) but was really unhappy being in. He wasn't drinking in his stable and wasn't eating much of his tiny Haynet. I gave it a fortnight as he always takes a little while to settle to being in but I would have expected him to be happier about it by now. So I turfed him back out last night! Not sure how this will work in the long term as B can't live out at night all winter, it gets too cold, and Peds can't be out by himself overnight as there will be no other horses out. I'm hoping that by the time the rest of the horses come in he will be happy to come in too! Otherwise I'll be on the lookout for a companion! :O

We are in the Equine Fatties to Fit Club as well.
Work increased as of this morning. I don't think she noticed.

Well I split the already tiny paddock they are in, in half about a week ago. Peds has lost a bit of weight. I Can feel his ribs now (if I press fairly hard!) And his crest has definitely gotten smaller and softer :)

I clipped him today, a blanket clip and he is currently out naked after being for an hour and a half ride that included lots of trotting and some stubble canters :) Got a 100g rug for him to wear at night tho. :) feel we are on the right tracks now :)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com