Fallen off again

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
I always fall off cross country schooling and yesterday it happened AGAIN! It's a running joke between friends now. I got a bad line in so he jumped it on the angle and put another foot on it which un sat me then on landing he straightened up to carry on to the next fence and I flew out the side door :p hit my head quite hard, felt the thump on my head when I hit the ground. Was fine though and got straight back on and did it again. He felt confident as usual so it hasn't bothered him.

Today my neck really hurts, feels like I've got whiplash, my side is sore too where I must of landed. Moral of the story slim built ponies with nothing in front of them are hard to sit to especially when they jump and move like this one. I was always known for having a good seat and sticking on but for reason I find it so much harder to stay on Charlie. He is really quite small and not a lot in front of you he feels quite slim when you're on him. He also can move very very quickly. I really need don't know how it happens one second I'm on him the next I'm on the floor. Maybe BE isn't the best idea for us :p

No photo's from yesterday so here's a pic from XC last October.
IMG-20160918-WA0002.jpg

Well done for getting back on and giving it another go. Nothing wrong with falling off IMO, I do it all the time:p
I agree that ponies are definitely harder to sit to , the "nothing in front" feeling is what I get :D

Well done for getting back on and giving it another go. Nothing wrong with falling off IMO, I do it all the time:p
I agree that ponies are definitely harder to sit to , the "nothing in front" feeling is what I get :D

I knew I had to get straight back on and do it again or I'd get scared of that sort of fence and convince myself I couldn't jump them. He doesn't take much of my leg either I'm only 5ft3 and my legs look quite long on him on the pic above and that's jumping length.

Reactions: orbvalley
Well when you get it right you both look fantastic if it's any consolation!

Ouch I feel your pain, more so after my dumping in Dec!!! and yes I agree about nothing in front help when it gets sticky.

I hope you are oK and looking after yourself big thumbs for getting back on and jumping it again as I know that's always scary for me

Ouch I feel your pain, more so after my dumping in Dec!!! and yes I agree about nothing in front help when it gets sticky.

I hope you are oK and looking after yourself big thumbs for getting back on and jumping it again as I know that's always scary for me

My neck is really sore even to turn my head :(

I try not to make a big deal of it or I'll chicken out. I got legged straight back on circled back round and came again this time in the centre of the fence and he jumped it really well which I was pleased about. Otherwise next time I'd be nervous thinking he'd stop after a bad experience because of me, he's pretty sane and sensible just very pingy!

Do you have long legs if that's your jumping length? He is slender isn't he. I am so used to shoulder. Saying that thought you can feel a long way away from them.

I hurt my neck trying to keep hold of my bouncing cob and after week it was fine. Please get a new hat/ get checked if it doesn't improve. Mine did.

Do you have long legs if that's your jumping length? He is slender isn't he. I am so used to shoulder. Saying that thought you can feel a long way away from them.

I hurt my neck trying to keep hold of my bouncing cob and after week it was fine. Please get a new hat/ get checked if it doesn't improve. Mine did.

I'm 5ft3 but all leg lol. It's odd because he has got a decent chest but when your on him he's not very wide and feels very small. I've been doing neck exercises and it has got a lot better I rode last tonight and tonight and have a jumping lesson tomorrow so it can't be that bad. Yes have new hat on order luckily it's a kids one so a lot cheaper. I only had it a few weeks ago aswell!

He is rather small but the phase small but mighty sums him up he has a massive heart and so far no jump is too big. We were originally looking from something bigger but he's so much fun and I'm small enough to get away with it. Pic of the tiny tot:
IMG-20150904-WA0005.jpg

Reactions: orbvalley
Mine is the opposite. I put someone on her bareback and they said she split them in half :D
I think she could be used for yoga exercises.

Reactions: Lissie
when your on him he's not very wide and feels very small.

I always feel a little unsafe on horses like that, I remember riding a horse called Silver at my old riding centre and he was beautiful but fine so I didn't feel like I had much to sit on. I found it quite difficult to ride him and remember falling off so much.

How big is he? He's so gorgeous. I had a 15hh horse in mind when I was thinking about getting one and i ended up with a 13hh pony haha! I wouldn't change him for the world though. Love him and all his little annoying things that come with him. I believe quite often the horse chooses you and the ones we end up with, we get for a reason. :) xx

I always feel a little unsafe on horses like that, I remember riding a horse called Silver at my old riding centre and he was beautiful but fine so I didn't feel like I had much to sit on. I found it quite difficult to ride him and remember falling off so much.

How big is he? He's so gorgeous. I had a 15hh horse in mind when I was thinking about getting one and i ended up with a 13hh pony haha! I wouldn't change him for the world though. Love him and all his little annoying things that come with him. I believe quite often the horse chooses you and the ones we end up with, we get for a reason. :) xx

I never feel unsafe on him, he's very safe and sensible, he's not as narrow as a TB just very ponyish. Its only cross country I seem to have a problem staying on lol!

I'm not sure exactly sure how big he is about 14.3 with shoes on I think. Ponies are definitely the best! I can't go any smaller though as jump affiliated and he has to make the horse strides. I'd love to buy another small one for hunting on :p Yes I believe that too, we saw about 16 horses who didn't feel quite right but I had a really good feeling as soon as we saw Charlie.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
I have to say he looks like a little pocket rocket!

He is! We call him Charles the tank engine as he's like a little steam train :p I tried a lot of well bred warmblood types and didn't click with any of them. Tried Charlie, and announced "I love him" He's so much fun and keeps up with the big horses fine, he's so easy to keep as well, only front shoes, hay and handful of hi fi light, never gets too fat or thin. Was planning on selling him but can't part with him yet!

Reactions: SeeingSpots
Mine is the opposite. I put someone on her bareback and they said she split them in half :D
I think she could be used for yoga exercises.
My friend said Jess was worse on her hips than having a baby!

I find the smaller they are the harder they are to stay on, my mum always said the extra height to fall is what made me stay on as I always fell off ponies :p

I never feel unsafe on him, he's very safe and sensible, he's not as narrow as a TB just very ponyish. Its only cross country I seem to have a problem staying on lol!

I'm not sure exactly sure how big he is about 14.3 with shoes on I think. Ponies are definitely the best! I can't go any smaller though as jump affiliated and he has to make the horse strides. I'd love to buy another small one for hunting on :p Yes I believe that too, we saw about 16 horses who didn't feel quite right but I had a really good feeling as soon as we saw Charlie.

I love ponies, I live my little 13hh pocket rocket lol

newrider.com