Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Dressage and a numnah

Discussion in 'Competing' started by mu0ljk, Aug 8, 2017.

1. mu0ljk

mu0ljk Active Member

I am thinking (okay being gently coerced by my instructor!) about entering a few walk trot tests to get Bria out a bit this year and over the winter but I don't own any white saddlecloths or numnahs that don't drown her!

I am wanting ultimately to do working hunter with her next season and so was going to pick up a nice brown numnah that fitted discreetly under her saddle but I'm not too sure if that is okay for dressage or whether I need a white saddlecloth?

She is also a brown and white pony who loves to roll and what with my less than fantastic grooming capabilities a white saddlecloth will end up looking grubby very quickly! :oops:

Jessey likes this.
  2. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

Depends if you are doing BD or just local unaffiliated? I would think for unaf you should be fine with anything that's smart :)

3. mu0ljk

mu0ljk Active Member

No just local unaffiliated! I thought it would be ok just thought I should check!

Jessey likes this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Ziggy Learning together!

The only W&T tests I have done I have worn an unobtrusive brown numnah under my GP saddle and all has been fine.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties