Done the other wrist now!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
This week last year we went to Seefeld in Tyrol. I was going to learn to ski cross country. On the first day I broke my right wrist ice skating.

This year we went back to Seefeld in Tirol (because it is lovely). In my second cross country lesson I fell and broke my left wrist!

Oh well, never mind. I am on first name terms with all the staff at the doctor's and it doesn't stop me walking - I did 12k and 400m of elevation this morning. And the weather is perfect. Look on the bright side...

o_O

OH NO !!!!:(:(:mad::mad:

That is the pitts!!!!
HOPE YOU MEND QUICKLY!!!

I have never been inclined to want to ski.
I always worried I'd break my leg and not ride for 8 weeks.

The look of ski chalets does look inviting though lovely views and all but having animals at home means YOU STAY HOME!!..

Oh that is such bad luck. I'm glad you are enjoying your walks and you sound like you are taking it on the chin and not mopping about..good for you;)

Oh dear, what a pain literally! Glad you can still enjoy the beautiful scenery and the walking though, if it's any consolation Mr KR broke his ribs on our first ever snowboarding holiday on the second day!

Noooooo. What a horrible thing to happen AGAIN.
You sound remarkably upbeat, considering!

Bummer! At least you didn't do both wrists at the same time!

Not sure I'd keep up the skiing either. It doesn't seem to like you much.

Glad you're enjoying the walking though.

So sorry Jane - The wrist risk is why I resist the temptation to ice skate with grandchildren and why we dont visit Russia in winter? That is a dream of mine but people can slip.

newrider.com