Do you use saddle cover?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Question in the title.
I do and I've just bought a new one.
I would like to do an article of sorts for my site.
Curious who uses what on any saddle. I found a nice baroque pattern from Denmark. :D
I hope you don't post anything I might like though.

I don't, I just find they wrinkle up in just the wrong place and move too much if its the waterproof type and the water still runs down under your butt :p and I don't see the point in fleece ones. If its raining that much I wear my big coat or poncho which cover my saddle as well as me :)

Like domane I only have a standard fleece cover that came with Zi's saddle and a plain one for mine. Never really considered having one on to ride in. Do they wrinkle? Or are they a tight fit? I do wriggle sometimes so fear it would become undone.....

LOL I didn't even think about the ones for storage, I do have a fleece one of those at home for my 2 saddles there, after the cat tried to jump on them, miss judged it and put claw marks in my saddle :mad: The one at the yard I just have an old ride on waterproof cover to throw over it.

Ooo what's your site? I put a cover on mine when I'm not riding but don't use anything when I am riding.

I have a waterproof cover on mine when it's not in use. My mum has a full sheepskin saddle cover on her saddle to ride in. I used to have a waterproof saddle cover to use when riding but found it horribly slippy, especially when wearing my full chaps as well.

I have a fleece cover for when not riding..although most times I forget to put it back on :oops: I have an hm seat saver on my saddle for riding but don't think it would be classed as a cover.

I have a royal blue fleece cover with hearts on. I probably shouldn't given that I'm almost 30 but ... :D I have a royal blue bridle bag, too. It does have holes for stirrups, but I always take it off before riding anway.

If it gets wet, I just clean it extra well!

Not sure of you mean a seat saver or a saddle cover?

I have four saddles and they all have covers that I use when not riding but I dont have a seat saver and never used one. if I did it would only be a water proof one for hacking as my other saddle is dressage and jump and would use the in door school to save them getting wet

I'm guilty of using ride on fleece covers( buy mine from a lady on eBay and they don't move however they have a toggle to tighten the elastic and they are brill ( have tried others that are rubbish in the past) . I just like to keep my saddles clean and with as little scuffs/marks as poss so they work well. I obviously don't use them for shows etc but love they for everyday jumping/schooling/hacking x

I use the fleece cover that came with Dolly's new saddle (Kent & Masters) when I bought it 5 years ago - always keep it on when not riding, always have with new saddles, really saves so much damage when putting it in the boot etc. with a million other bits of horse paraphernalia. I also ride with an Acavallo gel out seat saver so that also stops the cantle getting dinged - and it has kept me in the saddle on more than one hair raising occasion. :p

newrider.com