Coopers Fly Repellant

showqa

Jan 31, 2008
Similar theme to so many of the threads at the moment - I use Coopers but finding that sponging it on just isn't easy. Is there any reason why you can't put it in a spray - is it because of the chemical and not being able to control it /ending up inhaling it???

Also, I'm having to use it everyday right now - no way will every few days suffice. Is this ok? Thanks.

the active ingrediant in coopers is permethrin wich we use at work for things like bedbug/fleas/flys (pest control)

We apply it using a sprayer (although we mix ours up using water and concentrait) I can't think of any reason you couldn't spray it on but do be carefull not to get it on yourself and if you do rinse it off as it can cause a nasty reaction :eek:

It might be worth spot testing the spraying on your horse too, just incase spraying creates more contact with the skin than sponging and causes a reaction

ETA: i found this http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Coopers-Fly-Repellent-Plus-600ml/productinfo/COO9010661/ it has the dosage and usage warnings at the bottom, can't see anything about not spraying

Last edited:
ooh - i also swear by it but also have the same problem... thank you - i shall go and buiy a spray bottle :D
think i'll try it watered down a bit first though as miss-opinionated does have sensitve skin - although the sponging on has been fine so far :)

newrider.com