Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Coloured Natives

Discussion in 'Competing' started by Maysmoor25, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Maysmoor25

Maysmoor25 New Member

Hello all *waves*

I've recently bought a new mare to join my other two mares, except this one has a job to do.
    She's been very successfully shown [in hand and ridden] and been to the top shows in the UK and placed [if not won] I have bought her with the intention of learning the ropes in the showing world with her, and I'll teach her how to show off and be a good Dressage diva :)
    She's only 6 years old, so while she may have been doing this showing stuff all her life, I have not. Except the odd class at our local show [although it's a busy and competitive show] with my old hairy cob..
    How you can help...
    Is there anyone out there with a Coloured Native who shows?
    What else do you enter [ridden] class wise, if you aren't competing in the Coloured Native classes?

She is registered with Welsh Part bred Society [green passport], and with CHAPS & BSPS

xx

GaryB likes this.
  2. carthorse

carthorse Well-Known Member

As a part bred she wouldn't be in Mountain & Moorland classes as they're for purebreds. She could do coloured classes &, depending on type, show hunter, riding horse or working hunter.

3. CharliesAngel

CharliesAngel Well-Known Member

She would be in PB Welsh classes

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. chev

chev Moderator

Pulled and plaited for PB Welsh classes. Coloured classes. Or, depending on her type, riding horse, cob or hunter classes.

6. newforest

newforest Opinion, a view not always based on knowledge.

Whatever class she does well in. Check her show record.

7. Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

I think Shetlands are the only pure bred UK M&M that are allowed to be broken colours?

8. Maysmoor25

Maysmoor25 New Member

In 2013 she won the Welsh Part Bred class at the National Welsh Championship Show - UNplaited [with her then owner]
    [see photo]
    Her mane stays at 6" long, suitable for the Coloured Native/Cob/Traditional classes [which she's always done, and done well in]
    I don't think she fits into many classes.
    But for the time being, she'll be doing local only, then some of the old dressage, and we'll see how she goes.

And no, she wouldn't be in a purebred show, as she isn't purebred - Unless it's an 'open to' class, which is quite common at our show venues. As long as they're passported, a part bred may enter the purebred breed specific class. She obviously wouldn't be allowed in M&M.

mu0ljk likes this.
  9. Spot the wonder horse

Spot the wonder horse Showing Diva

How big is she? She could well be to small to trim and plait up as small hunter or light weight cob. I would stick to showing her as she is as a colored native, she has obviously done well in these classes. She can do part bred welsh classes unplaited as she is turned out to type.

10. mu0ljk

mu0ljk Active Member

Sorry, not a showing person, but couldn't pass that photo by! She is lovely - got a pretty welsh head! :)

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties