Clipper blade sharpening

Nov 4, 2008
I have a pair of older masterclip heavy duty clippers, in prep of clipping soon i took the blades off and they were like this on the inside bit:

are they ok to just be sharpened or is it best to get a new set? Sorry if its an obvious question i have never changed blades before!

Last edited:
I'd try giving them a good clean with some wd40 and a toothbrush, the darker bits aren't the cutting surface so should be okay

Are you sure that you are supposed to pull them apart like that? I used to have masterclip clippers until they literally fell apart when I was clipping, but I don't remember them coming out in two parts. Unless I am being very dim, which is probable!

The HD blades come in two pieces, but the trimmer blades are fixed together. I have both. I'm sure they will be fine to have sharpened, Caroline. Masterclip recommend Shear Ease

Thanks shearease was who i was looking at :) i just took 2 screws out and both came off, they weren't attached? The challenge will be putting them back on! Do i just screw them back in? There is a dial on the other side of clippers

newrider.com