Belle's bootcamp regime ( mine :(....)

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
4 walks around my paddock paradise track which takes5 mins each time so 20 mins walking out inhand to stretch her muscles out. After that 6 mins each side lunging at the trot in the round pen :0) she was then allowed to graze in the school till one oclock till Wendy arrived..... She was groomed and tacked up in Lunan's bridle and Daisy's Libra trek saddle for riding its the only saddle that wide enough for her.

Back in to the school to work on walk to halt and halt to walk with lots of changes of directions as she doesnt really remember much from her ridden days. But we did try to get her into a forward not sluggish walk. I decided her feet are very poor she has seen my farrier once but i do think she will need another trim soon. So for now we are going to work on soft surfaces rather than the road till I see some improvement in hoof quality.

Then another 20 min walk around the track to end the day, she is not keen on this no snacking while walking lark but I am strict with her :bounce:

This regime is for 6 days a week till I see some weight loss in her and me ;-) and some toning up of both of us.

I will weight tape her tommorrow and see how much she loses in a month of this boot camp regime. She is going on a vitamin supliement to see if that helps with her hooves :)

Any advice or suggestions for helping this boot camp? please feel free to comment :)

newrider.com