Been waiting 9 years... At last!!

Auqeam

Jul 3, 2008
Washington, West Sussex
Hello All, I found this site a few days ago and have been really impressed by how friendly and informative it is so I couldn't resist joining up!
Basically all I ever wanted to do when I was a kid was learn about horses and riding, but my folks couldn't afford so I had to do it in the pages of Horse and Pony!! When I was 17 I started having lessons but relied on a friends parents to take me and they soon stopped going..I was gutted and so wish I had done more to keep it up, and I can't remember a lot of what I learnt as it was such a long time ago. Well now i'm 26 and have booked up for my 'First' lesson next Tuesday, i'm so nervous but so excited at the same time!! I just have visions of making a complete fool of myself, did anyone else have that feeling or is it just me?!! Hope to be getting a bit more involved on these pages and learning from all you great people, and advise is always welcome! x :D

Hey welcome to New Rider and congratualtions on getting that initial lesson booked. :D

Advice? Well it has to be go there to enjoy yourself ;)

Just a warning, Updates are obligatory and we love pics too if you can get 'em :p

hi there!

im like you - always loved horses - used to help my cousin muck out and occasionally ride her pony when i was 4/5 . Then nothing till i approached 10/11 yrs old. Lessons for a yr and a half - god i was an arrogent plonker! - then took it up again around the age of 20 but couldnt keep up the payments for the lessons so lasted 6 months. Now im desparate again (aged 24), so i have met a LOVELY lady called immi on here and she lives about 15 mins from me and we are trying to arrange for me to go and help her out and she will teach me the ropes about horse care and management. Cant wait to be around those beautiful animals again!

So go for it my lovely...and enjoy!!!! all the way! x x good luck x x Helen x

hello and welcome - i really hope you enjoy your first lesson - advise??? Long hot bath afterwards, you'll ache in the morning!!!!:eek::eek:

Hi and welcome, although I had ridden a fair bit up until the age of 16 I then had a 10 year break returning to riding last year. It can be a bit daunting and I was nervous, but as long asyou have an understanding instructor and asuitable mount it's loads of fun! Hope you have a great lesson and have to agree perky you'll need the hot bath afterwards!

Hi and welcome, although I had ridden a fair bit up until the age of 16 I then had a 10 year break returning to riding last year. It can be a bit daunting and I was nervous, but as long asyou have an understanding instructor and asuitable mount it's loads of fun! Hope you have a great lesson and have to agree perky you'll need the hot bath afterwards!
he he Thanks, now you mention it i'm beginning to remember how much I used to ache!! x

newrider.com