barry swain/heather moffet saddles

teddyned

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
i'm looking to buy a barry swain or heather moffet saddle suitable for a wide cob, does anyone know of any good fitters of these in the warwickshire/leicestershire area?

I have got a very wide Heather Moffett Easi sit saddle looking for a new home.

Black 17.5" GP, in good but used condition (suede seat a bit shiny)
Only for sale as I now have Heather's Flexion SBS treeless

PM if you are interested

And Vicky from Better saddles works in the Bromsgrove area, she is an agent for HM among many other saddles (link to the right on this page)

Why not contact Barry direct. He will telll you you he sells to. I know that will not tell you the standard of the fitters.

I am considering selling my HM Barry Swain Leather Saddle which I have used up til now on my mare - who is considered by most to be quite a wide cob! It has seen some use over the years, but it is in good condition and of excellent materials. It is about 17.5 and I am told about medium wide. It is brown, cost about £1250 couple of years ago - obviously when I sell it the price will have to reflect its usage!

It is dressage style, but minus the very big knee rolls. I am in no rush to sell as I still like riding in it - I will be selling it because I am going treeless soon and I have a GP treed saddle from way back when which still fits as a spare. The HM one is simply too good to be hanging round a tack room.

Someone once told be they can be altered slightly esp to make wider - but I do not know if this is correct.

hi, thanks for the responses everyone, but i have thought long and hard and decided to go treeless, just have to save up now!

newrider.com