Bad hair day!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
This wet crappy weather!! Its awful for my hair!!

I have shoulder length hair and a side fringe.... I normally have it straight but as soon as the tiniest hint of rain goes anywhere near it it all goes to pot!! So strange question but how do you all have your hair for the yard? Normally mine is tied back but my hair still gets in the way!!

I have naturally curly hair which I straighten with my GHD's, so any kind of moisture - rain, drizzle, wet-fog or even humid-heat and it fights back and wants to curl again. So it's usually scragged back in a ponytail band with escaped side bits. It's not a good look!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: lauren123
I have mine tied back for the yard and also when riding. My hair is long and I had grown out the fringe about 2 yrs ago. I found it handy to just pull the whole lot back into a ponytail. Today I went to the hairdressers to get my colour in and just decided to get a fringe again. I also got long layers in. I got fed up when it was down because although I would sweep it over to the side it seemed to keep going into a middle parting and I was starting to resemble Neil out of The Young Ones :eek:
upload_2017-6-28_18-39-11.jpeg

Reactions: Trewsers
I have mine tied back for the yard and also when riding. My hair is long and I had grown out the fringe about 2 yrs ago. I found it handy to just pull the whole lot back into a ponytail. Today I went to the hairdressers to get my colour in and just decided to get a fringe again. I also got long layers in. I got fed up when it was down because although I would sweep it over to the side it seemed to keep going into a middle parting and I was starting to resemble Neil out of The Young Ones :eek:
View attachment 87230

Hahahahaaaa omg you brought back memories with that Young Ones reference!lol I used ro be glued to it as a teenager!

Reactions: joellie
Well I have long thin hair which is sort of curly ish. No point me trying to do much whilst I'm on the yard because it's windy nine times out of ten and I can't see out lol I've no fringe now, thankfully it grew out, cos I realised it didn't suit me - made my face look huge lol. I colour mine myself and love experimenting. But you can guarantee when I've done it, it will rain!!!lol they should send me to africa where it doesn't rain much, I'd soon make it rain!!!!
Sometimes I tied it back but it gives me a headache and isn't good for fine hair in general (it can pull more out if you're like me). My woolly hat is my friend lol tuck it under that and I'm good to go. What I envy are these lovely ladies I see in Your Horse mag etc who have perfect ponytails, yet they look effortlessly chic with a few strands loose.......hmm......

Well I have naturally wavy hair, some curlier bits and a lot (the grey bits) quite wiry, I either tuck it down the back of my top or tie it back if Im riding, it never stays put and most of the time I look like wurzle gummage! Im of an age where what I look like doesn't really matter for the most part, when I was younger I just used to put it in a pony tail or plait though.

newrider.com