Ashamed to be human

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Another of my pointless threads, but I just need to share (sorry). I was on ebay and clicked on an advert for the wspa - it showed a picture of a poor bear that had been baited and abused. I am ashamed once again to be human. How can we let this happen? Why why why. I clicked on some of their other articles too - it was awful. Bile farming - again poor bears in cramped cages:mad:. Who thinks that this is acceptable?! I just sometimes think this planet is nothing more than hell - there is so much animal abuse and cruelty. And don't even get me started on people and what they do to each other. God I need to lighten up. Sorry. I guess I shouldn't click on adverts.:redface:

I sometimes get very up set about these things too, its just horrid. I can not understand what drives people to such measures. I would rather starve than take part in some practices, animal or otherwise.

It's said that you judge a country by the way it treats its animals.

Then I must be living in the back end of hell over here based on that criteria. I have to turn away almost every day here.....the older I get the more I despair for the human race, let alone the poor animals that suffer at their hands.:devil:

I know it's a gloomy thread - sorry - I just had to share. I think it might be an age thing, I used to be able (well not totally but just a little more) to turn a blind eye to a lot of things. Nowadays I get so upset (hormones perhaps?). Mind you, OH was upset by the bear thing too. Oh dear. I will try and focus on something a little jollier.

I got one word wrong but the meaning's the same. I don't know why the human race thinks it can treat any other living thing in such cruel ways. I despair sometimes of the cruelty shown to both animals and other humans.

You can judge a nation by the way it treats its animals" (Mahatma Gandhi)

newrider.com