Apple Cider Vinegar

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I feed ACV to Pete for a few reasons & currently buy a 'horse' version but have seen ACV for polutry made by a horsey feed companies.

Is there a difference between ACV for horses and ACV for poultry or farm animals (other than the price ...! :D )

It's great for people :)

I have some every other day before breakfast with lemon and honey :) it's apparently good for metabolism and gut health :)

No idea but hopefully someone on here will know. Do you feed it for joints?
I copied this for uses Trewsers.
  • Promoting healthy joints;
  • Balancing the horse’s pH;
  • Boosting immune system health;
  • Helping to dissolve calcium deposits (including enteroliths);
  • Improving urinary tract health;
  • Stimulating proper digestion and mineral absorption (helpful for older horses);
  • Helping horses to resist internal and external parasites;
  • Flushing the body of toxins;
  • Helping to regulate insulin response; and
  • Relieving arthritis.

Reactions: Trewsers and MrC
So long as its got the mother in it should have the desired effect, its much less useful for any medicinal purposes if it doesn't (when its been pasteurised)

I copied this for uses Trewsers.
  • Promoting healthy joints;
  • Balancing the horse’s pH;
  • Boosting immune system health;
  • Helping to dissolve calcium deposits (including enteroliths);
  • Improving urinary tract health;
  • Stimulating proper digestion and mineral absorption (helpful for older horses);
  • Helping horses to resist internal and external parasites;
  • Flushing the body of toxins;
  • Helping to regulate insulin response; and
  • Relieving arthritis.

Oooh thanks for that, it does sound good!

Personally I feed it predominately for ulcer management & to prevent stiffnesd stiffness :) It has lots of health benefits though!

Yes, it's available in supermarkets but I've found it's not particularly cost effective way of purchasing it! I often see the poultry version which is cheaper than equine brands, but not sure if it's been altered in some way.

I always buy the version with the mother in too, as I've heard that contains the nutrients :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com