And so it continues

Sorry I didn't read anyone else's reply I just wanted to skip to your comments. So sorry that there is no further improvement and worse that they have no idea what is causing these issues in her.

Reactions: Cortrasna
I didn't even realise Dolly had been poorly.

Sending lots & lots of good luck & get well soon vibes to you. Xxxxxx

Just saw this today Cortrasna and I notice several of us old timers have returned to wish you and Dolly well. As indeed I do.
And also I notice you have very good vets and treatment for her in Ireland.
So I hope they will find an answer for you.

There has to be an underlying cause for not having enough red blood cells.
They did say bacterial infection, ulcers, worms, inflammation, infection. But they really need to know the cause to treat the problem don't they.

Poor Dolly.

There has to be an underlying cause for not having enough red blood cells.
But they really need to know the cause to treat the problem don't they.

This is exactly the problem we have in a nutshell - there has to be a reason for the blood cell counts but until we know what that is we are just ticking things off the list and treating, to some extent anyway, the most likely causes. So far all tests and investigations are negative. This is why the next step ( if the bloods are still worryingly low ) is for her to go in to UCD for further investigation. What that might be I haven't even asked at this stage - another thing to worry about if and when it happens. :(

Nothing to add just more hugs for you and healing vibes for Dolly, you are both going through the wringer and it must be horrible for you x

Oh dear - I don't come into this section very often so I have only just seen this (and the previous threads). You must be so worried - I hope you can get some good news soon.....

Sorry to read this Cortrasna (I'm so busy at work I haven't been on NR or indeed any forums much recently.) Hope you get some positive news.

Nothing new to report - still waiting on final results on a couple of things and also the opinion of the experts with what they think we should do next, if anything. My opinion was do nothing just wait and see if the improvement continues but that was after a few days where she seemed to rally and become very bright and more her normal self - but she seems to have now sunk back to quiet lethargy. :(

My vet is 100 per cent aware that I will not allow her to become a research project for him or anyone else unless I am absolutely certain it is a last ditch thing for Dolly with at least some hope of helping her long term. And I am positive he does respect my opinion as he has been very open with me from day one about the alternatives and possibility of further investigation and the fact that some of those investigations might be unpleasant for Dolly and stressful for me, and not necessarily in her best long term interests, or even get us any further forward with what the problem is and how to treat it.

Feel very sad though - on the good few days I really had totally fantasised about putting her tack on and trespassing into our favourite forestry ride, all at a sensible walk of course. Now seems yet again that is a long way off - if ever possible again. I dont mean to sound like the only important thing for me is to be able to ride her - it truly isnt she is here with me for as long as no matter what, but I really do believe she had as much fun as I did on those hacks and would just love to see that spark in her again. In fact I would love to be on here moaning about what a stroppy and scary ride she had given me lol! Please God soon :)

Big hugs, the improvements then make it seem even worse when they don't last :'(

It sounds like you and your vet have an excellent working relationship, that counts for so much when you're struggling. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway - I have no doubt whatsoever that whatever you decide will be in Dolly's best interests xxx

I've been thinking of you both, that previous post about how sad you are really tugged at my heart strings as I can imagine how hard it must be. Still sending healing vibes her way .

newrider.com