Amazing horse shame about the rider

HaloHoney

Apr 30, 2017
Mini showjumping.

Amazing horse
Beautiful day
White breeches
Exit via the side door into fence 6

Injury to pride alone! What an absolute plum. Have lovely GoPro footage showing my legendary boy clearing the fence... as viewed by his rider... from the floor underneath him. :rolleyes:

Needed shorter reins- (hence no steering and no brakes) he’s WELL up for jumping at the moment- he’s going to be gutted that we’re flatting for the next week or so. ;)

We have all been there, looks like you just lost your balance round the corner. I think that it is great that you posted it and you can see the funny side. I am really enjoying following your journey.

Reactions: HaloHoney
Several factors at play here-

1. they had left the “start box” poles from the previous pairs relay class in the corner, so I couldn’t take the line I wanted out of fence 5 into 6. Bloke on the gate apologised to me afterwards for it still being there without me saying a word.

2. Reins faaaaar too long. Lesson learned. I had no steering and no brakes. Couldn’t turn him tight enough and he thought he was jumping the back of fence 2.

3. He puts in a half-stop and heads right in order to attempt fence 6 that has the unfortunate effect of bouncing me out of the saddle. He still needed to be about a metre further over to jump 6, at which point I realised I was going to land backside/head first and there was a risk of being dragged if I attempted to stay on. So I decided to come off.

4. 60% rider error, 40% course error leaving those poles there, 100% not Flash’s fault, bless him.

Reactions: orbvalley and Tir
Glad you had a good second round! He is very cute. Could see him trying to figure out the question. Just got on the same page a little late. :)

bless him, what a star of boy, you are one lucky lady. Good on you for posting the vid, glad it was only your pride that was hurt.

He is very cute. Could see him trying to figure out the question.
My son got the best photo of his poor puzzled face!
6FE24278-03B6-4634-9677-2FFA8FB1A533.jpeg
I deserved to come off- the length of those reins! Lesson learned... :D

bless him, what a star of boy, you are one lucky lady. Good on you for posting the vid, glad it was only your pride that was hurt.
He’s the absolute best. Rule number 1. Laugh at yourself before anyone else can.

Own your mistakes, learn from them, laugh at them, it’ll make you a better rider in the long run. :)

Love the pic your son got lol. Hope your pride recovers soon lol. Everyone still learning lessons xx

Oops major steering failure :p No wonder he didn't know which one to jump :p I did the same thing once and ended up pointing the horse at the big flowerpot in between the two jumps - so he did what he thought he should do, and jumped it :rolleyes:

newrider.com