Almost the weekend.....

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
What are you all up to?

It is currently the Easter holidays and my kids are staying with my mother in law for a few days. It is the first time in 10 years that the kids have stayed overnight away from us and although my husband and I are both working during the daytime, we are making the most of our evenings. We have been out for dinner the last 2 nights so some lovely country pubs, and are planning to go somewhere special this evening. It's costing a fortune but we feel we are making up for many years of not spending proper time together.

Tomorrow morning he is coming to a jumping show with me for the first time ever. My kids are more of a liability than help at shows so I normally go alone while he looks after them but I'm so excited that he is finally able to come with me. It's only 60cm jumping, but hopefully he will enjoy it. He loves taking photos and has a very snazzy camera so hopefully he will get some good ones. I feel like I am 'dating' again, even though we have been together for over 20 years!

On Sunday we have the kids back and I am taking Ben out to BD dressage. We have been trying to get the magic 62% to qualify for petplan, but our first 2 attempts haven't gone that well with scores of only 58% and then 57%. I am hoping that all the good food and alcohol consumed will help me relax and up my scores a little.

What are you all up to?

The only thing I have planned this weekend is meeting Jill and Albi at a local XC practise venue..... he will be seeing solid natural fences for the first time so I am "man in the ground" for safety and 'fishal photographer.

Looking forward to it.

Hmm weekend again! Where does time go?!!! Well I will be mainly helping OH sort more fences out, clearing the raised beds, potting on sunflowers and starting off chillis. The girls both need a top to tail groom to establish whether or not they are real horses and not just made from mud:p and on Sunday I will be very involved with my mum over the phone offering support as she is having to make a very heartfelt decision - so I will probably need my girlies as my support (it can all get very emotionally draining for everyone).

I am so ready for the weekend! I am waiting to leave work to go and see if my horse is sound, I'm hoping for a little plod on her over the weekend at some point, I'm also wanting to drive hank, hoping to hear from the owners of the field I want to rent so I can meet with them and I'm going to see a friend tomorrow night. What that probably translates to is a lot of waiting around for things that will never happen :rolleyes::p which is not a bad thing as I've had a really busy/stressful week for our big inspection at work so some down time will be much appreciated :)

The girl who I took out hacking last week has asked to come again, so we are off for a hack tomorrow along with another of the liveries. On Sunday its a fun ride - yay!
(and today I have started my hunt for a horsebox.....)

Reactions: Trewsers
Swimming tonight after ale, nice long cycle tomorrow on my newly serviced road bike :D and a really long hack on Sunday morning with my share horse. And of course lots of time spent with ale inbetween everything.

However came off my bike this morning :( so currently hoping my shoulders and wrist feel better tomorrow :(

Good luck Mary and great about your OH and you having a good time. I am the opposite. Free to ride in the week and had a perfect hack today with Grace back in work and on her best behaviour. Goodness I love that horse, this time or year and the hillsides and woods and fields we ride - but will be have work to do tomorrow.

We've spent the week getting my horses harness sorted out, the carriage has had a service and we off out on to the forest ! If we have good weather, we'll take a picnic as well.

Also possibly pony hunting :ninja:

Will hack billy tmw and maybe a few jumps when i get back to the yard. If my rider is free she will ride chunky but if not he will do some more chain harrowing. I've got to go and buy a new poo picker as mine has broken. So i will see what other horsey items i can add to the trolly. Lol
The girls are riding the boys Sunday but i will do the poo picking while there out. I've got to supervise the volunteers on a work party putting up electric fencing on the common, so that it keeps the cattle out of an monitoring area once they are turned out on the common. That's always interesting as some haven't got a clue about fencing.

Well. I have just pulled up at the yard ( been on nights) going to muck sox out and get him done for now. Need to see if I can catch the YO this morning too. Then home for a few hours sleep. Chill out after that. Back up to see sox and hopefully be able to do him a pen in the field and spend some time with him ( I'm sure he will love it. Not!!!) Tonight is an easy one. Out clubbing with some good mates.

Tomorrow I am seeing sox first thing, I need to do some uno work tomorrow :( and take some stuff over to my new yard :) and that's about it :D

Reactions: Trewsers
Well yesterday I had a lesson and gave B a bath because tomorrow we are finally going to our first show of the year.
So today I shall be tack cleaning plaiting and washing the pony.
Then on Monday evening I have another lesson.

newrider.com