A saddle that fits most?

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
As in the title who's owned a super saddle, a saddle that just seems to fit most horses( not changeable gullet saddles) I have one made by the butler brothers ( they then became antill) it's had lots on new bits but has been a fab saddle worth every penny. Just wondered who else has had one and what make was it. x

Friend had a silhouette like that. Think it was that name anyway.
I guess it just depends on what type of tree it is built in and it fitting that horse.

A bit like shoes I guess they will fit most feet and then I come along :)

Reactions: tikkitti
Never, ever been that lucky. I have heard rumours of these 'saddle fits anything' type of saddles. Never found one - either I have had the most diverse selection of varying size horses or I am just plain unlucky or just too damn fussy! :p

Reactions: tikkitti
It's the only one I've been lucky enough to own and I do wonder if another butler bros would be the same, it doesn't fit absolutely everything but it's always the saddle I go to if I buy something without tack and need something until I buy one or need one for a youngster, I suppose it's like a comfy pair of slippers and my friend was joking the other day and said actually what part of its original:p Never the less it's worth its weight in gold it seems to just click into place on on most horses and it's 16.5" which means it fits bigger ponies upwards. x

ive got a black country wexford that was made for briea, fits brook and also fits skye.. they arent dissimilar shapes though

newrider.com