4 years of Hank

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I saw my friend that rescued Hank last night, she was telling me again what a horribly agressive pony he was when she got him, she described him 'coming out of the stable on 2 legs fighting like rocky balboa' and said you had to be really careful around him as he meant business especially with his teeth :eek:

That was 4.5 years ago and you'd never know it now, he's been with me almost 4 years and its been fun, so in NR tradition a picture fest :p
IMG_0327-1.JPG IMG_0751-1.JPG IMG_0748.JPG 20140525_172341.jpg 20141206_094717.jpg DSC_0049-1.jpg _20170813_070548.JPG DSC_0454.JPG DSC_0833.JPG

I don't think its much to do with me, Tina had him gelded and his teeth sorted so the ulcer caused holes through his cheeks could heal and she got him on the road to recovery. I was completely distraught after loosing Bo, Hank just came to keep Jess company and I didn't ask anything about him, I just needed a gelding to fill the gap :oops: It was only when I saw Tina's daughter 6 months later I learned more, by which point I'd already plonked kids on him and done all sorts with him completely obliviously, he must have been good natured from the start.

He's funny with things, it really doesn't matter what you are doing, he seems to see any attention as a good thing (as long as you don't touch his ears :rolleyes:), regardless if I'm worming him or the vet is injecting him, he just craves attention and he had no clue about horse language to start with which makes me think he'd been starved of interaction of any kind and his initial behaviour was probably fear, hormones and pain driven.

The pictures make me realise how babyfied he was when he arrived, I didn't really notice at the time.

newrider.com