2017 Hacking/ Riding Challenge.... Add your photos too

Orenoko- Yes well done;)

Gary B- It sounds like you had a great weekend> Its great you rode with the kids but we understand
why you cant show them.
I LOVE the shoe photo!! The red of the shoe is awesome on the black and white!!!

Today thank goodness its NOT windy and back to a bit below normal temps of 50's f
but that's better than high 70's and 80's f

Off to set up some cavaletti on the other side where I scoped out near the trees
and I ordered clear bags that hopefully come today I have so many horse books and Breyer
horses I'm going to protect them with clear bags and utilize the bookshelves in the grooming room
and enjoy them out there
its a long enough room to put a table towards the back Plus there are a bunch of similar book shelves to come out of the old house tack room area
its going to be so much fun to have a nice hideaway grooming area!!!
there was no place like that at the old house
It does need some more lighting though-that's on the "HONEY DO " list!!

Sun has just come up and it looks to be a good riding day as well!;)

On Tuesday I had a brilliant ride, jumped a little course and it was fab.

Sadly on Sunday my share felt a little lame so I got off and let him have the day off, hopefully he's better today!

29 hours

Sonny unmounted 30.25HRS
Mounted. 19.75 hrs

Andi unmounted .75 hrs

Awesome ride/play yesterday;)

Set up the other little fun spot on the other side of the house :D
I am not putting out as many feather flags as I would have in the past
The wind really gives them a beating here :( and Christmas Tree Shops does not seem to have them for holidays anymore:mad::mad: so I wont be able to replace them.
I will add a few more smaller rectangle yard flags since those are around at
a lot of places (the taller feather flags are much more fun though)

IMG_8309.JPG

IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8319.JPG

then I rode my little ring and focused on going deep in the corners and then played with some obstaces over on that side
IMG_8333.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

then unsaddled him at the house and vaccumed him

IMG_8343.JPG
free
longed in the cavaletti pen then let him have some grass--
I'm building up his time on grass
IMG_8345.JPG
then lol saddled him back up omg the looks I got!
MOM whats up with this saddling me AGAIN
IMG_8349.JPG

LOL we had a full dance card - then I went back over to Virginias and rode her property and her lovely big ring and focused on going deep into the corners in her ring
Trees are starting to bud out nicely now!!~
IMG_8351.JPG

I did feel bad about one thing she had guests and when I got on Sonny over there the guests were near the barn and the 10 year old son said CAN I RIDE HIM??
I had to say no ---I'm not insured for people to ride my horses.

Then later in the day I ran into Virginia in the local grocery store and I told her
I felt bad about the that kid and she said oh no you said the right thing.
Never say yes to a guest asking that.
And as it turns out she sent them to a local stable a couple streets over
the day before for that kid to get a lesson with a certified instructor on a proper lesson horse.

We are hopefully riding today and woo hoo this is big:);):D.
After the ride today she want to see if her horse will walk into my property
THIS IS REALLY REALY BIG!!!!
We are going to take it very slowly and see how far in he will walk towards my obstacles/playground and build on it everytime we ride for him to go a bit closer each time!!

He was at the fence watching me play on the new playground yesterday
with great interest but did not seem upset by it all.
He is just to the right of the tree in front of me.. you can just see his head over the fence watching ...
IMG_8321.JPG

Really looking foreward to RIDING late today it will be cool and
WOO HOO NOT WINDY!!!!

I got a new camera to try out as well
NO more fuzzy spot in the center that looks like a breath fog on the lens;)
I had dropped it and put a couple ugh scratches right in the center.
So for a while so many photos had that ugh spot right in the middle.

lovely hack this morning on Skye - she has had 2 weeks off while I have been being a stage diva haha but now Im getting back to normal. She is just such a poppet - Ive never ridden anything so easy in my life. We had roe deer and pheasants jump out on us and she didn’t bat an eyelid. We have a buzzards nest in the woods behind us and one of them is always hanging about, today it stayed on a fence post looking at us until we were almost on top of it ! Brook is having a year off its been decided. She has gone very gangly and babyish looking again and I want to enjoy Skye this summer and just enjoy getting out and about to things I can do now I have a more established horse. MiniCA starts school in Aug so once I see how my time is panning out I hope to bring her back into work sometime after that when hopefully I wont be as pushed for time.

@horseandgoatmom, love your pics. Yes I can see your neighbours horse watching you and Sonny lol

@CharliesAngel I have buzzards in my field all year round, they nest in the trees at the bottom of my field. I love watching them especially this time of the year. I also love listening to them. Skye is such a great girl.

I rode Marley for the first time after his injury from being cast in his stable.. He has had 10 days off and was looking good. So i spoke to the vet this morning and he said to work away with him. I didn't push anything with him. We mostly walked, some trotting and he offered up one canter going over the poles so I let him. Just so glad he is on the mend. I will be taking it slowly with him just to be on the safe side.

Total ridden 35 hrs 30mins

Sonny unmounted 31.25HRS
Mounted. 21.75 hrs

Andi unmounted .75 hrs

@horseandgoatmom, love your pics. Yes I can see your neighbours horse watching you and Sonny lol

He did not seem upset by things watching us

We went for a ride yesterday before she was ready I played with some cones in her ring.
Then on the trail we came upon some turkeys meandering in the woods
and they both looked but neither was overly bothered by them

IMG_8358.JPG

Coming back to my property she did not bring him in too far for the first time.
I did have some cavaletti on the side of the blueberry patch and just one feather flag on it-- she came to the front of the patch not really that far from the cav and flag and let him eat some grass - that was a good start.
IMG_8360.JPG

Then she let him eat a bit of grass there.
I stayed at my place unsaddled /vaccumed Sonny played a bit in the cavaletti pen and let him eat some grass.
She was ok to go home alone-
IMG_8362.JPG

I guess he does not want to come up her drive way and cross the road towards me or go down the road doing the olney keech loop in reverse.

This place had pigs and cows originally---I KNOW Andi wanted no part of cows- so I wonder if Tobias remembers cows and pigs here???

But we are going to take it a little slow and have him add to walking in a bit further after we ride.
LOL maybe he asks Sonny on rides" ARE THERE ANYCOWS AND PIGS OVER THERE"????
Sonny can say "NO JUST GOATS" my little brothers.:rolleyes:

@CharliesAngel I have buzzards in my field all year round, they nest in the trees at the bottom of my field. I love watching them especially this time of the year. I also love listening to them. Skye is such a great girl.

We have vultures over here:eek:
I saw some at a fair and it was supposed to be local birds owls - hawks etc and then they had these hideous looking vultures just like you see on national geographic shows in Africa:confused:.
I had no idea -they said they WERE LOCAL I have seen turkeys we have lots of those but no vultures out and about. They are very creepy and sinister looking.

Jumped on Toffee and did 20 minutes pony games with my friend/YO in her field today. Toffee was SOOOOO good. The last two times we went in there, it was so new to him and he got ever so excited bless him and didn't quite know what to do, got his legs all tangled, bucked, spooked etc and it was all a bit of a car crash but this time he was excellent. He was very sharp and on his toes, head up in the air etc when we walked in. I walked him round in a few circles to chill him a bit and then hopped on. Took a few goes to get on as he kept moving his feet around and I won't get on like that but I persevered and eventually hopped on. He was very forward thinking and jumped into gear lol But we had loads of trots (fast trots) and he didn't once try and take off like last time. We had 3 canters which were brill and we even managed to pick up some flags without him freaking out. Really happy with him. He's having a nice long afternoon in the field now. Well deserved.

@joellie it came!!!

View attachment 86201

Going out tomorrow afternoon I think!

Hows Marley? x

Yay can't wait to see your videos of you and Toffee on your adventures :D

Marley is on the mend, thank goodness. I rode him on Wednesday and then he got Thursday and Friday off . I then rode him this morning for half an hour in the field and he was feeling a lot better. Thanks for asking :)

Yay can't wait to see your videos of you and Toffee on your adventures :D

Marley is on the mend, thank goodness. I rode him on Wednesday and then he got Thursday and Friday off . I then rode him this morning for half an hour in the field and he was feeling a lot better. Thanks for asking :)

So glad he's doing better! Hugs to him (and you too since it must have been awful for you) :) xx

So...... these are the video stills from my mini hack today. I do have a video but it's a big one so it's going to take a fair while to upload to Youtube so I got some screen shots. Really, really impressed with the quality, the sound is fab too. There is a smudgy bit at the bottom of the screen but think that's where it wasn't as clean or something.

Look what we passed and no spooking! Granted it was quieter than a super bike type but it's still a motorbike.
Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 19.57.30.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 20.02.44.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 20.03.18.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 20.03.42.jpg

Regarding the video, as I don't have it on my hat and it's on my chest, it does move a lot so I apologise in advance for shaky shaky viewing. Also you can hear my high vis jacket rubbing on the camera and clicking against the zip so again, apologies for that! Other than that it's fab. Completely in love with it, I can't wait to get out recording more haha

I am uploading video as we speak so please bear with me!!

@SeeingSpots the screen shots look fab, lovely and clear. Are you using the gopro studio to edit your videos? It is so easy to use. You can take clips of what you want and then put them all together. You candownload it from the gopro web site if you don't already have it.
Way to go Toffee, he aint afraid of those noisey bike things anymore lol

Here's the video. It's very long winded so please don't feel you need to watch it all. Also apologise for a.) the amount I chat complete rubbish b.) the random stops an starts. I cropped out the really rubbish bits. I had to tell my oldest daughter off for swinging the scooter about in the beginning as it frightened Toffee so much and we were on a road. We had a nice ride out though.

Your video turned out very well. I had to laugh though while watching it as its typical of a woman multi tasking, You are concentrating on Toffee, having a conversation with your hubby while also keeping an eye on the girls and directing them lol He did very well with the motorbike.:D

newrider.com