2017 Hacking/ Riding Challenge.... Add your photos too

So after today's bunch of idiots that I passed whilst on my hack, I went on the GoPro site and bought myself a reformed GoPro. I've bought the Hero 4 Silver. I'm excited about this!

Re the idiots: I was riding down the hill towards the bridle path turn off and head a car flying round. I can't see over the hedge because me and my pony are too small and I knew she was going way too fast so I tried to get on the grass out the way and good job I did since the woman flew round the corner and her back end kicked out. I screamed "slow down" and she looked straight at me and ignored me. Then on the way back, this stupid woman in a golf flew past and laughed when I said slow down. I hate people sometimes.

Reactions: joellie
I had Tues off work to go to the hospital but managed to sneak in a hack before hand. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I went with my mum. It was one of those perfect rides and I just couldn't stop smiling after.

Total 24 hours 5mins

17621731_10158448212565156_942782215787412802_o.jpg

@horseandgoatmom its great to see you and Sonny out and about again :D
@SeeingSpots I know its so maddening to get the idiot drivers who don't reduce there speed and then smile and wave on badness as they are whizzing past grrrrrr :mad: I hope you have better luck with your GoPro , I love mine and its an older version than the one you are getting mine is the Hero 3 white edition. I love the picture of the lambs :)
I will have to add my rides and times up as I haven't got round to doing them. Marley is still napping after his scare last week, but we will get through it :)

@Ale that mane is soooo clean, it is really reflecting the light lol Glad you had a lovely hack.

Reactions: MrA
Managed to get out yesterday on my share, weather was beautiful. We went out for about an hour and a half, and did about 7km. It was quite busy, lots of dogs, children and families etc, but my horse wasn't phased by any of it.

We even managed a couple of canters, something I'm still getting used to with him as he's quite bouncy and has a big stride to him!

Totals - 12km, 3hrs10mins

Harvey continues to behave well. I have even managed to persuade him to walk in from the field (rather than me having to tow him in). On Saturday I took him on a nice 8 mile hack with a couple of canters. He walked out well for me and came home on a loose rein for quite a way.

Sunday was lesson time. My instructor was surprised in the improvement since last time (Its been ages!) which was nice. We worked mainly on improving my riding around corners and I was pleased with how well Harvey worked for me. Pictures will follow!

After his lesson my instructor had another go at pulling his mane. He hates it, and I don't think its been done before as its very tough so he's been having a bit done at a time. He showed his displeasure by kicking me in the stomach (even though I was in line with his pelvis and 4 feet away). No real damage done, but it hurt at the time and is still sore today......

Hacking
8 miles
2 hours

Schooling
45 minutes

Totals
Hacking
107.4 miles
34 hours

Schooling
3 hours 30

Last edited:
Reactions: SeeingSpots
After his lesson my instructor had another go at pulling his mane. He hates it, and I don't think its been done before as its very tough so he's been having a bit done at a time. He showed his displeasure by kicking me in the stomach (even though I was in line with his pelvis and 4 feet away). No real damage done, but it hurt at the time and is still sore today......

Oh my goodness! Glad you're ok! Toffee hates it too and shows he means business by spinning in half circles and moving as much as possible. Hope you're not in too much pain for too long!

Reactions: GaryB
@GaryB and @SeeingSpots I hate pulling horses manes...it does hurt them no matter what anyone tells you that's why they protest! Although I am still sorry to hear that Harvey managed to reach you in the stomach..ouch!!! Sorry for giving off put I really hate seeing them getting done. If I really need to tidy my boys up I have a humane thinning comb type.

I have been riding Marley and its been hard going from his scare, he was napping again going down the road all last week. Then I had a friend who came over on Sunday and she said she would ride him down the road while I went alongside them on the bike, Marley has always loved someone going along on a bike with him. He had one major spook at a man standing in a driveway :rolleyes: it has never bothered him before seeing people standing about, but what I didn't like is he tried to spin and run for home again so I am hoping this isn't a new thing and I will have to keep an eye on this and nip it in the bud. He was then perfect the rest of the hack even though there was a car and coffee morning on with lots of fancy and noisey sports cars etc.

I rode him in the field this morning and it was very windy, Marley spooked at a bird again so unlike him, I am thinking it has something to do with the spring grass as even my sheep are going bonkers at the moment.:rolleyes:

Total ridden 32 hours

@GaryB and @SeeingSpots I hate pulling horses manes...it does hurt them no matter what anyone tells you that's why they protest! Although I am still sorry to hear that Harvey managed to reach you in the stomach..ouch!!! Sorry for giving off put I really hate seeing them getting done. If I really need to tidy my boys up I have a humane thinning comb type.

My friend has a thinning comb that I now use :) xx

Reactions: joellie
its great to see you and Sonny out and about again :D

Thanks I think I will get out later today too!!!:D

WE seemed to have turned the corner!;)

OMG hope your ok!!!
Glad I don't have to pull manes!!!

Lovely hack in the sun this morning
OHHH look at those lovely trees - hope that starts here soon!!!;)

A piccie from Sunday's lesson. We were working on corners - we are not very good on the right rein, and terrible on the left :) (my assessment - my instructor is kinder than that)

i-GMXP4cF-XL.jpg

For those of you that have rubber footing in your outdoor rings....

First how do you like it ????

And how do you deal with leaves?????

Do you have to drag it????

Would it wash away in heavy rains????

I would love to get some rubber footing for my little ring.

newrider.com